Hebrew Teacher Position(s)
Pardes, the largest Jewish Day School in Arizona, prepares students to become outstanding members of society through a rigorous secular and Judaic education, a nurturing community, and a foundation in Reform Judaism that welcomes all Jewish traditions.
Pardes Jewish Day School of Scottsdale, Arizona is looking for outstanding Hebrew teachers who will inspire Middle School students and get them excited about learning Hebrew. The Hebrew teacher(s) will join a professional team of colleagues who are committed to Jewish education. We are looking for a caring educator with the ability to academically challenge students, and develop his/her practice.
Qualifications of the ideal candidate:
• Must be proficient in Hebrew (reading, writing, and conversational)
• Must understand what it means to teach Hebrew as a Second Language where speaking and listening are most prominent
• Has experience teaching Hebrew to a wide range of students in Middle School and/or Lower School
• Has experience integrating technology and new methodologies in daily instruction
• Enjoys working within a team to plan school events
• Is able to create dynamic and active lessons that engage students
• Has experience with project-based learning
• Has experience teaching students with different learning styles
• Engender and promote joy, inspiration, and a love of learning
• Has a contagious energy, enthusiasm, and spirit for all that they do with and for the school community
Applicants must have a Bachelor's Degree and at least two years of experience teaching Hebrew as a second language.
Applicants should submit the following to Peter Gord************************explaining your interests and qualifications
• A current resume
• The names, email address and telephone numbers of three references
Pardes Jewish Day School, as an equal opportunity employer, does not discriminate in its hiring of employees on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship, marital or veteran status, age or disability. We actively seek diversity among faculty and administration, as well as among students.