The Development Manager is the behind-the-scenes engine of Maccabi USA’s development operation. You will work closely with the staff and development committee on all aspects of Maccabi USA’s fundraising efforts, including direct mail and on-line campaigns, major gift donors and prospects, donor research, events, and more. We are looking for someone who has 3-5 years development experience under their belt and is ready to take the next step in their career to more responsibility and opportunity. You should be detail-oriented, collaborative, and a strong communicator who can juggle multiple projects at once. This role reports to the Senior Director of Strategic Initiatives and works closely with the CEO and Senior Director of Operations.
• Work with senior management and the board development committee to create development plans both annually and for our four-year cycle to meet organizational goals.
• Coordinate flow of all fundraising campaigns, including direct mail and e-campaigns, managing all aspects including concept, design, and production.
• Manage administration of office staff in order to coordinate direct mail appeals, assure database management, and gift processing.
• Monitor results and create reporting mechanism for updates to staff and lay leaders.
• Forecast fundraising potential for annual budgeting process and monitor development expenses.
• Maintain donor tracking system.
• Coordinate stewardship of major donors and manage gift recognition programs.
• Research prospective donors (individuals, foundations, and corporations) and assist in grant writing process.
• Facilitate donor meetings for members of the senior staff and lay leaders.
• Develop strategies to connect with parents and alumni including parlor meetings and other events.
• Oversee production of development materials including newsletters, e-newsletters, annual report, giving opportunities, etc.
• Staff board development committee and work with senior staff to create board development strategy.
• Take on occasional program responsibilities as part of the Maccabi USA professional team.
• Develop and deliver training on fundraising best practices to board and staff.
• Occasional travel required, including potential for staffing one or more international competitions during the four-year Maccabi cycle.
• Occasional events on nights/weekends.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 3+ years experience in nonprofit fundraising.
• Proven track record raising funds from multiple constituents.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with Raiser's Edge or another CRM database preferred.
• Skilled at managing multiple concurrent projects through to success.
• Ability to recognize and respond to change in a fast-paced office environment.
• Strong donor and volunteer service mentality.
• Detail-oriented and creative self-starter who is also an effective collaborator with others.
To apply for this position, please forward a cover letter and resume by April 20, 2020.
About Maccabi USA
Maccabi USA, a not-for-profit 501-(c)(3) organization located in Philadelphia develops, promotes and supports international, national and regional athletic-based activities and facilities. We provide Jewish athletes around the world the opportunity to share their heritage and customs in competitive athletic settings. We support programs that embody the Maccabi ideals of Jewish continuity, Zionism and excellence in sport.