POSITION SUMMARY: The YAD Director serves as a charismatic and strategic thought leader to engage young Jewish adults in Colorado in their 20’s-40’s. This professional will develop, implement and monitor strategies and trends to inspire young Jewish adults on a pathway from initial engagement to deeper involvement with Jewish community, leadership and philanthropy. The YAD Director is responsible for the oversight and management of all activities, events and data for the young adult demographic as part of a long-term, three-tiered strategy to Live.Give.Lead Jewish.
REPORTS TO: Chief Jewish Life & Engagement Officer
SUPERVISES: YAD Coordinator
Direction & Strategy - 20%
• Develop and implement strategies that channel young adults and families on a pathway from initial engagement to deeper involvement with JEWISHcolorado and the Jewish community.
• Build and maintain relationships with partner organizations, participants and lay leaders.
• Monitor, evaluate and adapt YAD efforts with trends and interests related to the young adult demographic.
• Design and deliver timely management reports reflecting YAD activity, progress and planning.
• Develop and implement strategy for YAD expansion to communities outside of Denver.
Engagement - 45%
• Oversee planning and execution of YAD-related engagement efforts including but not limited to YAD Shabbat, YAD Family Shabbat, YAD Volunteers, YAD Outdoors, Tribe Engagement Network, Israel Engagement and YAD Ambassadors.
• Oversee YAD Ambassador Program, including recruitment, mentorships and engagement gatherings in coordination with YAD Coordinator.
• Supervise, delegate responsibilities and set priorities and outcomes of YAD Coordinator.
• Build relationships with Jewish young adults and stakeholders.
• Set and meet engagement goals and performance metrics.
• Manage YAD-related recruitment and follow up for YAD and JEWISHcolorado events.
• Implement YAD marketing and communication in coordination with JEWISHcolorado’s Marketing Department.
• Work with Chief Jewish Life & Engagement Officer to impart Jewish content throughout YAD.
Lay Leadership – 20%
• Collaborate with YAD volunteer leaders, including but not limited to YAD Chair and manage the following committees: Executive, Shabbat, Family Shabbat, Volunteer, Network & Nosh, Outdoors, Israel Engagement and Tribe Engagement Network.
• Identify and cultivate pipeline of young adult lay leaders; Implement strategies to build capacity and further involvement.
Teamwork – 15%
• Work in coordination with other JEWISHcolorado efforts related to young adults and families, including but not limited to PJ Library, Jewish Explorers and One Happy Camper.
• Collaborate with Philanthropy Department on meaningful strategies for financial resource development of YAD, including assisting with the annual YAD fundraiser, giving societies and identification, cultivation and stewardship of donors and stakeholders.
1. Utilize strong diplomacy and collaboration skills to effectively work with volunteers, participants, departments within JEWISHcolorado and other external organizations.
2. Have a positive and courteous attitude at work.
3. Organize work and time effectively and efficiently.
4. Utilize strong critical thinking skills.
5. Participate in broader Jewish community and professional development opportunities.
6. Demonstrate comfort with a results-oriented organization.
7. Communicate effectively in verbal and written forms.
8. Conduct work with maturity, sound judgment, and high ethical standards.
1. Bachelor’s degree with a focus in nonprofit management, business, social work, Judaic Studies, marketing or related field.
2. Minimum of 6-10 years of relevant professional and/or volunteer experience.
3. Minimum of 2 years of supervision experience with direct reports and volunteers.
4. Work with young adults and emerging leaders in a professional or volunteer capacity.
5. Demonstrated event and meeting management, planning and execution.
6. Demonstrated success with results-oriented organization and metrics-based performance.
7. Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Customer Relationship Management Systems.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Position Type: 37.5-hour per week; exempt; qualifies for all benefit packages.
Working Conditions: This job can be physically demanding (which can include travel, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, twisting, constant walking, frequent sitting, and maintaining close visual attention to write reports; occasional lifting up to 30 pounds).
Other Requirements: This position requires some time out of the office, limited travel, and active participation in programs that occur outside of a traditional work schedule.