About the Position
Berman Hebrew Academy Upper School, located in Rockville, Maryland, seeks dynamic Jewish educators who are passionate about making a significant impact on Modern Orthodox Jewish Education. The opportunity includes teaching core Judaic subjects, collaborating with a talented and supportive team of colleagues across subject areas, taking an active leadership role in school programming that will contribute to deep connections with our students and enhance a sense of community for families in the Greater Washington DC area, and enjoy unique professional opportunities beyond the classroom by taking leadership on important duties assigned by the Upper School Principal.
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic Jewish educator, grounded in educational best practices, who seeks to form deep and meaningful relationships with students that inspire leadership and growth. Masters Degree strongly preferred.
The position is a great fit for you if you are:
• Grounded in educational best practices with the ability to create an engaging learning environment that raises the bar for soulful and intellectually rigorous Modern Orthodox Jewish education;
• Passionate about delivering dynamic lessons and engaging in meaningful conversations with students;
• An educator who is able to cultivate strong textual skills and critical analysis;
• Excellent communicator both verbally and in writing;
• Self-reflective, entrepreneurial, and deeply committed to professional growth;
• Pride yourself on working collaboratively and fostering a strong culture of teamwork.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Very competitive salary
• Generous benefits package, including health, dental, and retirement plan
• Parsonage, if applicable
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter.
About Berman Hebrew Academy
Berman Hebrew Academy is an Orthodox Co-Educational Day School that provides a comprehensive Jewish and secular education in an atmosphere of reverence, good citizenship, and love of the Jewish people and Israel.
Adhering to standards of academic excellence and exemplary moral conduct, it prepares its graduates to become Halachically observant, well-educated Jews. It provides opportunities for each student to achieve the maximum of his or her potential, engaged with, and contributing to both the Jewish community and the society at large.