Are you the person who likes to make things happen? Do you thrive in environments where people rely on you to get stuff done? Do you do whatever it takes to get something done because you know people are counting on you?
Hillel International is seeking a Project Manager for the Experience Pillar. We’re the team that creates amazing student experiences by building our organizational culture, attracting new Hillel professionals, running national student programs, putting on conferences & events, and bringing our brand to life across all channels. This is an administrative role being a partner to amazing team members where your ability to navigate competing priorities while executing at the highest level is required and appreciated. You’re a master communicator both in writing and orally. You’re a yoda of coordination, and will successfully support the collaboration of our teams.
In the first four months, you will serve as the interim Executive Assistant to the Chief Experience Officer to cover a parental leave. This will give you the opportunity to get to know the CXO, the team, and our strategy well. After this period, you will roll into a Project Manager role covering special projects across the Pillar.
What You’re Great At
• Jumping in and making things happen.
• Staying organized and juggling multiple projects, knowing when one needs more attention than others.
• Building relationships with colleagues.
• Using your finely tuned radar for planning and execution to catch the little details that others might miss.
• Planning events, meetings and agendas.
• Writing clear communications, and proofreading for details.
• Cleaning up documents and PowerPoint presentations so they look beautiful and organized and are understandable for a variety of audiences.
• Being a team player and tackling all tasks, no matter how big or small.
• Working virtually – using video-conferencing and other online sharing technology for effective collaboration with our geographically distributed team.
What You’ll Bring to the Job
• A bachelor's degree and 1-3 years of administrative assistant experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• An entrepreneurial, can-do nature.
• Familiarity with the Jewish community and genuine respect for the diversity of Jewish life.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office suite and social media.
Job Responsibilities Include
Short-term, as interim Executive Assistant:
• Managing the calendar and all meeting requests for Hillel's Chief Experience Officer (CXO) and ensuring that she is prepared with necessary materials for all meetings.
• Providing administrative support including booking travel and processing reimbursement requests on behalf of CXO and team leads.
• Coordinating Experience Pillar team meetings by working with the CXO on the agenda and managing all logistics.
Long-term, as Project Manager:
• Work closely with Associate Director of Experience Operations to ensure all of the team’s administrative needs are covered effectively at the highest levels.
• Assisting in preparing and editing presentations and communications going out under the CXO's name.
• Taking on and completing special projects as assigned including conference planning, staffing VIPs, etc.
• Partnering with Vice Presidents across the Experience Pillar to administratively and operationally support special projects ranging from conference planning and arrangements, to search season support, to leadership gatherings to grant research.
What You’ll Get Out of It
• Friendship and partnership with the best colleagues!
• Hillel’s comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending
• 3 weeks of vacation and 3 weeks of sick time as well as parental leave
• Competitive salary of $60,000-$70,000.
• Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities
• In-depth training on all systems and processes, as well as regular supervision and mentoring
• Strong preference for our Bay Area (San Mateo, CA) office or flexibility for the right candidate in one of our other Hillel International hubs (NY, DC, or Austin)