The Alfred and Adele Davis Academy seeks an experienced and passionate educator with expertise in middle grades education. The ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s degree in Education, graduate degree preferred and at least 3 years’ demonstrated success teaching grades 6–8.
Qualified individuals must demonstrate:
• Thorough knowledge of developmentally appropriate methods for teaching middle school students and strong subject matter expertise
• Ability to build relationships and effectively connect and communicate with students, parents, colleagues and administrators
• Skill in motivating and engaging students
• Strong instructional, organizational and classroom management skills
• Knowledge and experience with technology integration
• Understanding of Integrating Jewish values, traditions and culture into teaching
• Desire to join a nurturing, supportive and values-based community
This full-time position begins in August 2020.
The Davis Academy is Atlanta’s Reform Jewish Day School, located in Sandy Springs, serving approximately 500 students in grades Kindergarten Prep – Eighth Grades.