Mersky, Jaffe & Associates, a national executive search and consulting firm, has been engaged to conduct a search for The American Friends of Beit Ruth Educational & Therapeutic Village in Israel (hereinafter “Beit Ruth”). Position is in NYC, Manhattan office.
The Beit Ruth Educational & Therapeutic Village in Israel is a long-term therapeutic residence and school with a mission to ensure that vulnerable and at-risk girls are given the opportunity to thrive emotionally, socially, and academically, thereby breaking the cycle of violence for themselves and future generations of children in Israel. In a safe, structured and loving home-like environment, Beit Ruth provides the academic and therapeutic resources necessary to enable at-risk girls to re-enter society as caring, educated, independent, and empowered young women. Their goal is to equip each girl with the necessary life, education, and social and emotional skills in order for them to leave the Village as healthy, educated, and empowered young women. For more information, please visit www.beitruth.com.
Beit Ruth seeks a bright, passionate, and ideas-driven Fundraising Coordinator (hereinafter “Coordinator”) for its New York, Manhattan office. This full-time position provides an opportunity for international non-profit experience with a growing and leading organization for girls at-risk, advocacy, and gender empowerment.
The Coordinator will be part of a visionary and engaged international team committed to addressing the needs of abused and at-risk girls. Reporting to the Executive Director in NY (hereinafter ED) and working closely with the ED, Grants Manager and leadership in Israel, the Coordinator is responsible for a breadth of cross-functional activities. The Coordinator will help support Beit Ruth in fulfilling its short-term fundraising and communications goals and achieving its long-term vision. Specifically, the Coordinator will help to ensure that Beit Ruth’s fiscal, fundraising, development, communications, and programmatic strategies are effectively implemented across the organization.
The successful candidate is organized, but not rigid – a ‘get stuff done’ kind of person – energized, creative and resourceful, who can create and follow a plan of action. You will have goals, not always instructions, and are collegial, but do not need to be micro-managed. You are an optimist and naturally enhance collaboration among others. You will help drive results-driven fundraising, development, communications, and social impact initiatives while expanding Beit Ruth’s reach and reputation. You easily move from planning, visioning, and strategy to doing, while also providing strong administrative support to team members. Some travel is required.
Fundraising & Communications
· Help plan, coordinate and manage fundraising efforts in collaboration with the ED, including
§ fundraising appeals and campaigns (mail and online.)
§ partner and donor relations management and stakeholder engagement.
§ fundraising & communications support, including of the annual gala, speaking engagements, cultivation and special events.
§ donor and prospect research and identification.
· Work collaboratively with the ED and the Village Managing Director to support a strong working relationship with the Board, lay leaders, volunteers and major donors.
· Help cultivate and steward Village visitors and volunteers, and other external partners and alliances to enhance a strong coalition of supporters, donors, and friends.
· Work closely with the Grants & Communications Manager to help support the grant process, including to:
§ ensure timely submission of letters of intent, grants, and reports.
§ help maintain the grants calendar in tracking grant renewals, report deadlines, and related deliverables.
§ identify and research new foundations and help prioritize grant opportunities.
· Manage aspects of communications to grow brand, drive visibility, and reach, and to engage and activate donors and prospects. Work with staff in Israel (in English) and USA and create and execute compelling fundraising communication materials using a variety of channels including to:
§ plan and create engaging quarterly newsletter (via Constant Contact).
§ write engaging and compelling Appeal Campaigns.
§ draft correspondence for donors, visitors, and volunteers, and in response to general inquiries.
§ create, edit, and publish engaging and creative content on social media (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn) and develop a fundraising social media strategy.
§ update organization’s website (Squarespace), regularly adding new and relevant content.
Programs & Initiatives Support
· Work with the ED, Grants Manager, and Israel leadership to enhance current programs and new programming, to effectively steward donors’ intent and to meet emerging trends.
· Help to identify and execute opportunities for funding partnerships with existing and new individuals, foundations, and organizations.
Required Knowledge and Skills
· Basic understanding of Donor Perfect, i.e., data entry; donor acknowledgment processes; and fundraising reports.
· Experience in fundraising strategies and techniques.
· Strong verbal and writing skills with the ability to persuasively communicate with external audiences.
· Excellent computer skills –MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), e-mail programs,
social media applications (Facebook, Instagram), website.
· Creative and competent in the use of Adobe Creative Suite, i.e., Photoshop and Illustrator and other tools, including Constant Contact and Squarespace.
· Attention to detail and ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet multiple deadlines.
· Professional presentation with strong relationship-building skills to interact with co-workers, Board and donors.
· Strong administrative and project management skills, including follow-up with multiple team members.
· Demonstrated ability to exercise excellent judgement, discretion, and confidentiality.
· Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years prior experience in nonprofit Fundraising/Development, and Communications, including Social Media and/or special event planning.
· Demonstrated creative and strategic thinker who takes initiative, with an excitement for creative development work, and enthusiasm for being a positive and contributing member of a growing organization.
· Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
· Effective listener, who seeks and accepts feedback, and recognizes the importance of learning, and growing.
· Analytical and thoughtful, considering the mission, objectives, work plans, and goals of Beit .Ruth’s work
· Familiarity with Israel and the Jewish philanthropic community.
|Notice to Candidates:||Applications are reviewed by a 3rd Party Recruiter or other Service Provider.|