Each and every summer, the magic happens for over 1,200 campers. Camp Chi’s 600 acres become a place where the shy walk away from their shadows. The cool learn to be warm. The uncertain seize adventure. And strangers become lifelong friends.
For nearly a century – Camp Chi has transformed children’s summers. We unplug them from the stress and technology of their daily lives and plug them into life-changing moments. A soccer player takes the stage. An artist reaches the high ropes. Everyone becomes fluent in kindness and friendship. And the camp becomes a community as they celebrate Shabbat and discover the spirit of Israel has a home in Lake Delton, Wisconsin.
JCC Chicago is now hiring a Logistics Coordinator who works with the JCC Camp Chi management team in creating the vision for and the development and implementation of programs that shape and define the Camp Chi experience for children ages 8-16. The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for creating and managing schedules, activities and events during the summer. During the off season they will assist in the development of specialties and planning for activities and events for following summers and in developing and implementing year-round positive, meaningful opportunities for Jewish association and continuity, socialization, recreation, and learning providing for children, teens, and families.
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Recreation, Education or related field
• Previous experience working in a camping environment required; resident camping experience preferred.
• Experience working with school age kids and teens.
• Project management or schedule management experience highly preferred.
• Experience developing and implementing new programs helpful.
• Strong customer service background preferred.
• Experience working with/on social media for an organization preferred.
• Must be highly organized and detail oriented with demonstrated follow up and follow through.
• Ability to demonstrate and lead with JCC Chicago’s Four Core Values: Self-Leadership and Accountability, Creativity and Innovation, Teamwork and Collaboration, and Customer Service.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Knowledge of Judaism with a familiarity and comfort level in working with a diverse Jewish community.
• Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required with the ability to learn other software packages as needed; experience with CampMinder helpful.
• Must be able to problem solve quickly and effectively.
• Ability to work independently yet have the ability and enthusiasm for fostering a strong team environment.