• Would you like to be part of a child care program named one of “The Hub’s Top Preschools” by Boston Magazine and voted top preschool in the Boston Parents Paper "Readers' Choice" Awards?
• Do you thrive in an environment where you can work as part of a team of tight-knit teachers, many of whom have been working together for years?
• Are you fascinated by the way young children learn, amazed by their curiosity, and amused by their humor and openness?
• Do you enjoy working with parents who are willing to help in any way they can, and respect you as a teacher and person?
IF YOU ANSWERED YES TO THE QUESTIONS ABOVE…READ ON FOR THE PERFECT JOB!
The Frances Jacobson Early Childhood Center (FJECC) at Temple Israel of Boston, has an opening for an experienced preschool teacher. We pride ourselves on our innovative curriculum and our warm, welcoming community. Qualified candidates will join a dynamic team of dedicated and creative educators in a developmentally based, high-quality program. With both a strong Jewish and secular curriculum, our school-year program is NAEYC-accredited and has been a model for teacher training at local colleges.
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or a related educational field and documented ECC certification as Lead Teacher.
• Knowledge of child development and ability to put that knowledge into practice with creative curriculum planning.
• Ability to work well as a member of a team, ask for help, accept feedback, and offer guidance.
• Strong verbal and written communication to effectively exchange information with co-workers and parents.
• Ability to actively interact with children including kneeling, bending, running and sitting on the floor and in small chairs.
Our school is open from September until early June and follows the Brookline Public Schools calendar, plus additional Jewish holidays. Conveniently located in the Longwood Medical Area in Boston, we are less than a mile to Coolidge Corner in Brookline and easily accessible by public transportation.
Full and part-time opportunities are available. FJECC offers a competitive salary and benefits for employees working 30 hours a week or more, including: health and dental, retirement, parking/transportation subsidy and discounted tuition for children of staff.
FJECC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Send resume and cover letter to Jenny Gamson, A*******************