American Society of the University of Haifa (ASUH) seeks an exceptional, results oriented development professional to be its Southeast Regional Director. The successful candidate will be a dynamic and accomplished individual with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with other ASUH team members across the United States.
Reporting to the ASUH Chief Operating Officer, the Regional Director will expand ASUH’s donor base in the southeast, particularly in Florida. The Director will develop the southeast as a new fundraising marketing, building more visibility and broaden the supporter base. The Director will particularly focus on major gift by fundraising identifying, managing and implementing solicitation plans for a portfolio of high net worth individuals. The successful candidate will have at least five years of front-line fundraising experience. The Director must understand and be committed to ASUH and University of Haifa’s mission of leveraging academic excellence in higher education to build a strong and sustained middle class, securing the north of Israel and beyond.
University of Haifa and ASUH are projected to expand substantially over the next three years; this is a significant opportunity for someone to have tremendous impact and to advance with a successful, growing organization.
• Develop and achieve strategies and goals to support ASUH’s mission and fundraising goals
• Manage and grow a major gift portfolio of 100+ prospects
• Develop long-term engagement and stewardship strategies for prospects and donors
• Expand ASUH’s presence in the southeast, particularly Florida
• Identify and grow new potential markets within your region
• Work closely with the national team on strategy, materials and events
• Maintain donor management information through ASUH’s donor database (Salesforce)
• Assume other responsibilities as needed
• Bachelor’s Degree
• At least five years of success in fundraising including direct solicitation and securing major gifts
• Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing a fundraising plan
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; self-confident and articulate; motivated self-starter
• Experience working with lay leaders
• Ability to focus on big picture while implementing details of plan on day to day basis
• Computer literacy; experience with donor management database systems; knowledge of Salesforce a plus
• Available for occasional evening and weekend events and for travel on the east coast and to Israel
• Knowledge of Israel’s philanthropic community and/or university philanthropy is preferred
ASUH cultivates relationships, secures financial support, and serves as the vital connection among University of Haifa and its friends, supporters, alumni and partners in the United States. The University is about to enter a period of tremendous growth that will have significant impact on the entire State of Israel. ASUH is a critical part of that growth. The Southeast Director has a unique opportunity to play a key role in shaping a major internationally influential University.