The American Society of the University of Haifa (ASUH) is seeking an exceptional, results oriented senior development professional to be its Director of Development. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer of ASUH, the Director of Development is responsible for creating the strategy and implementing a comprehensive development program. S/he will be responsible for managing a team of Regional Directors across the United States in the cultivation and stewardship of individual donors and foundation supporters. The Director will work closely with key leadership to build the University’s capacity to offer innovative academic programming.
The right candidate will be a dynamic leader and manager who is passionate and has genuine interest in the importance of ASUH and the University of Haifa’s mission of developing, sustaining and securing Israel, particularly the north of the country, through education.
The University and ASUH are projected to expand substantially over the next three years; this is a significant opportunity for someone to have tremendous impact and to advance with a growing organization.
· Establish a fundraising strategy and implementation plan for ASUH.
· Develop and oversee a comprehensive fundraising program to grow the financial resources of the organization.
· Manage a team of Regional Directors across the United States and their portfolios of 75-150 prospects, identifying annual goals for fundraising, cultivation activities, solicitations and gift levels.
· Work with Regional Directors to develop individualized strategies that connect supporters and prospects to one another and to University of Haifa.
· Assist in the qualification, cultivation and solicitation of potential new donors, foundations and corporations, serving as a front-line fundraiser when necessary.
· Support Regional Directors as they identify and grow local leadership.
· Coordinate engagement opportunities across the Development Team and University.
· 7+ years of development experience, preferably within the higher education or Jewish philanthropy sector.
· Bachelor’s degree
· Successful track record of managing teams and securing gifts at the leadership level.
· Experience in building and maintaining a portfolio of individual and foundation donors.
· Experience coordinating and executing events facilitating donor engagement.
· Proven ability to work successfully in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
· Willingness to travel domestically and to Israel as needed.
· High attention to detail and organization.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Proficiency with the Office Suite and fundraising databases; experience with Salesforce preferred.
· Passion for ASUH’s mission and higher education.