Jewish Volunteer Connection (JVC) is the Baltimore Jewish Community’s central address for finding volunteer opportunities that work for any schedule, interest, and age. Through service with JVC, volunteers learn about critical social issues and gain knowledge and interest in meeting today’s most pressing challenges. JVC’s work is guided by Jewish values and done in partnership with individuals, groups, and organizations throughout the greater Baltimore area. JVC is seeking a Program Associate for Service Partnerships to serve as a liaison between JVC’s professionals and local service partners, including nonprofit organizations, public schools, and other organizations that need volunteers, to ensure the volunteer matching process and communication between stakeholders is efficient and effective.
Key Responsibilities & Priorities:
• Serve as key contact for JVC’s service partners, managing the overall relationship on behalf of the organization. JVC’s service partners are nonprofits, public schools, and other organizations that need volunteers and that have gone through a vetting process managed by this Program Associate.
• Manage internal communication systems and database to identify and track volunteer and donation needs, volunteer placements, and donation receipt and deliveries.
• Work closely with JVC professionals to understand the needs of their audiences and represent service partners’ needs in matching volunteers with projects and placements.
• Provide staff support to the Volunteer Coordinators Network, a committee of JVC’s board that brings together volunteer managers from organizations within The Associated’s system for professional development and process standardization.
• Coordinate the individual referral process and help individuals navigate the process of identifying and committing to a meaningful volunteer opportunity.
This individual should be a relationship builder who can easily connect with people and exemplifies teamwork. They should be able to effectively prioritize and exhibit a high attention to detail and follow through as this role involves a high level of multi-tasking and coordination. The ideal candidate will be committed to social justice and inter-group community building.
• Bachelor’s degree and at least one year of experience in a related field.
• Outstanding knowledge of MS Office; experience with Google docs and database systems.
• Willingness to work on evenings, weekends as needed.
• Access to consistent transportation is required.
A Little About JVC:
Founded in 2001, JVC’s mission is to engage volunteers to meet vital community needs and live with purpose through meaningful service. Last year, more than 9,500 volunteers participated in more than 20,500 individual acts of service supporting more than 80 organizations and schools in Baltimore City and County. With each act of service, JVC seeks to enhance human dignity and bring communities closer together. JVC’s vision is of connected communities strengthened through meaningful volunteerism. JVC is proud to be an operating program of The Associated: Jewish Federation of Baltimore. To learn more about JVC, visit www.jvcbaltimore.org.