What is the Position?
Are you passionate about Jewish learning and living? We’re looking for someone to join our vision-driven Education Team as a Community Educator! You’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of so many children and families at our thriving synagogue. We are a fully egalitarian Conservative congregation with a large and vibrant membership base of about 700+ member households. We are deeply committed to fostering Jewish engagement in an atmosphere of mutual respect and inclusion. Our families want their children to be connected, to be inspired, and to see Temple Israel Center as their second home.
Who is the Successful Candidate?
You are a people-person, drawn to working with children of different ages. You are an innovative thinker who is creative, organized, and works well both independently and as part of a team. You are passionate about Jewish learning and living, and are comfortable working in the Conservative movement. You are motivated by the challenge of creating deep learning and engagement opportunities. Experience working at camp or in informal/experiential settings is certainly a plus!
What are the Responsibilities?
Education and Engagement
- Serve as an educator in Shorashim (religious school); teach one grade level which meets on Sunday mornings as well as Wednesday and Thursday afternoons.
- Collaborate with Education Team to design engaging and experiential lessons guided by a thoughtful curriculum.
- Design and implement various community-wide events during the year in conjunction with colleagues.
- Lead one or more of our youth groups; create calendar of unique and engaging programming that will serve the needs of those in Shorashim, as well as those who attend Jewish day school.
Shabbat and Holidays
- Lead one of our multiple youth services 2-3 times per month.
- Collaborate with Education Team to design and implement creative and content-rich holiday programming
This position is supervised by the Director of Learning and Engagement and includes mentoring and professional learning opportunities. You will also work closely with the Director of Inclusion to promote and support the inclusion of all children, teens, and adults.
When Do We Want You?
We are eager to hire the right candidate for this educational leadership position, and look forward to beginning work together this spring or summer. For questions, more information about the position, and to apply, please send resume and cover letter to Mara Braunfeld, Director of Learni**********************************