Since its inception, in 2001, Project Ezrah has meant HELP in various meaningful ways to thousands of Bergen County’s community members. The majority of Project Ezrah’s focus is in two areas: Employment and Financial Management for families.
The Executive Director is responsible for the overall vision, leadership, strategy and fundraising of Project Ezrah. Through effective programs, fundraising, donor stewardship, board/staff development and finance and budget management, this position is at the helm of driving and implementing the organization’s short- and long-term goals to increase revenue generation and grow visibility.
• Lead fundraising initiatives to reach and exceed budgeted goals.
• Cultivate effective partnerships and collaborations with individual donors, foundation grants, corporations, community leaders and other community organizations/non-profits.
• Develop and implement a plan to successfully engage the next generation of donors.
Leadership and Management
• Develop and articulate the organization’s mission, vision, and strategic plan in partnership with the Board of Directors.
• Provide fiscally sound management of the organization, including income projections and expense targets for operations, events and programs.
• Lead, motivate, develop and manage a team including the?ability to foster a healthy organizational culture and encourage teamwork and collaboration.
• Community Engagement by enthusiastic leadership and serving as the Ambassador.
• Work with Board of Directors, community partners, community organizations, schools and staff to build and implement strategic planning.
• Serve as the primary external face of the organization and engage media across all platforms.
• Launch and monitor social media campaigns, increase online engagement.
• Serve as an ambassador in the community to raise awareness of the organization’s programming and activities.
• Marketing through networking and Social Media
• Responsible for and direct the Administration and HR of the organization.
• Manage and oversee the overall direction of the organization’s day-to-day administration, programs and activities
The ideal candidate will have the following experiences, qualifications, and qualities:
• A passionate professional who fully identifies with the goals and mission of the organization.
• Successful work experience that is transferable to the functions related to being an Executive Director.
• Willingness to secure and manage foundation grants, identifying, cultivating and closing of major gifts, individual donations and corporate sponsorships on the phone and face to face.
• Financial acumen in areas of budgeting and financial projections.
• Exhibition of a high level of energy and ability to multi-task and implement new initiatives while engaging to staff and maintaining a collaborative team.
• Ability to work autonomously, take initiative, yet also work on a team in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong computer/technology capabilities, including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Understanding of and sensitivity to the needs of the modern orthodox Jewish community.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and poise to articulate the mission and goals of the organization.
• Experience working on or with a non-profit Board of Directors.
Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
Benefits and Compensation
This is a full-time, salaried position based in Englewood, NJ and compensation will be based on experience.
Please email resume and cover le**********************cants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.