• Excited about a career in Human Resources?
• Looking to use your recruiting and HR skills for an organization that values our team members as people and professionals?
• If you answered yes to these questions, we could be your perfect fit!
The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington is seeking a human resources professional who specializes in recruitment and retention of top talent. Join our energetic and motivated team to directly impacts the growth and success of our organization!
The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington is an innovative, mission-driven non-profit organization that envisions an open, connected and vibrant Jewish community that cares for each other, fosters Jewish learning and journeys, embraces Jewish peoplehood and Israel, and acts as s force for good in the world. Federation inspires, builds and sustains vibrant Jewish life in a changing world by mobilizing our community in common purpose, intentional innovation and effective action.
Based on shared values of cooperation, respect and excellence, we are a team of teams, working together to do great things in the world, every day! Our HR Associate will be an ambassador of our culture, working proactively to build a cadre of talent ready to help us grow and evolve! If you’re a relationship-based recruiter, eager to make an impact for the organization you represent…please keep reading!
Work with hiring managers to recruit and retain top talent
• Sourcing: Help us look beyond the applications and find the best candidates to help us further our mission, leveraging diverse sourcing approaches and various technologies
• Candidate Outreach and Marketing: Pick up the phone and call prospective candidates, schedule/conduct interviews, check references, etc. Partner with hiring managers to create compelling job descriptions, posting/advertising job openings to network and public, and promote Federation to prospective candidates. Identify appropriate conferences, job fairs and networking events for yourself and others with a clear plan to develop relationships and grow our network of referral sources
• Social Media: We have an accolade-worthy workplace culture/environment and we’re not shy about sharing! Help us initiate campaigns and boast to the marketplace via various social media outlets including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
• Strategy: Be the eyes and ears of the competitive market landscape and advise accordingly
• Administrative: We do our best to leverage technology, but we’ll look for you to dig in and help our HR department operate efficiently to provide our candidates with an exceptional experience.
• Lifecycle: Get involved in onboarding, day to day HR operations, and retention efforts. Everyone rolls up their sleeves here!
• BA or BS in HR, marketing or related field required
• 3-5+ years of recruiting or sales experience, recruiting agency experience a plus!
• Investigative curiosity – you go beyond the surface to ensure we are reaching the best of the best
• Energetic and outgoing – we’ve got something exciting to share, and you’re responsible for sharing it! Cold calls, warm calls, networking
• Strong organizational skills with a knack for following processes and not missing the details
• Energetic self-starter with the ability to work independently and juggle numerous projects in fast-paced environment
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Social media and HRIS savvy
• You’re excited about HR, recruiting, creativity and teamwork! Our ideal colleague will be collaborative, accountable, positive and will share
our passion for Tikkun Olam
• Intimate knowledge of the Jewish Community, its customs and practices
The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington is an equal opportunity employer, offering a people friendly environment, including excellent health care and retirement benefits, generous time off and flexible work options.