The 34th ISRAEL FILM FESTIVAL in Los Angeles is seeking a highly motivated, experienced, enthusiastic, and self-driven full-time, year-round Development & Event Coordinator in our office in Beverly Hills who will help securing sponsorship for the upcoming festival in November in LA. This position involves managing individual, foundation, and corporate sponsorship. Together with the Executive Director, you will provide leadership for the organization's special events and fundraising functions throughout Los Angeles.
Presented by IsraFest Foundation, Inc., a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization, the Israel Film Festival is the largest showcase of Israeli films in the United States, annually bringing close to 30 new Israeli films to a wide audience of over 18,000 film-goers in Los Angeles.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in planning and execution of Sponsor Luncheon (June 2020) and Gala Event (November 2020), etc.
- Working closely with Executive Director in the Israel Office
- Writing proposals, researching and reaching out to potential sponsors in the Film and TV Industry
- Correspondence with sponsors
- Coordinating the production of program ad book, flyer, invitations etc. and mass mailing
- Maintaining relations with donors and vendors
- Arranging meetings and follow-ups
- Writing and proofreading marketing and advertising material
- 5+ years’ experience in development and event planning
- Festival experience a big plus
- Native-level fluency in English, Hebrew a plus
- Strong interest in the arts, especially cinema
- Excellent writing, proofreading and communication skills
- Confident and able to deal with sponsors and vendors
- Strong organizational abilities and attention to details
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Self-motivated, independent, energetic, creative and imaginative
- Familiarity with the Hollywood and Jewish communities
Salary will be based on experience.
This position is available IMMEDIATELY.
This position is full time.
Please submit a detailed cover letter explaining your experience, successes, and why you are interested in this position and how your qualifications will benefit the organization.