The Executive Assistant to the President and CEO provides administrative and organizational support to the President and CEO and works to optimize the performance of the Office of the President. Acting as the gatekeeper and gateway to the President, the Executive Assistant serves as the liaison between the Office of the President and various individuals, organizations, foundations and constituencies including JCC executives, JCC Association board members and staff, working to build more effective and collaborative relationships. The Executive Assistant is responsible for protecting, promoting and advancing the interest of JCC Association by supporting the vision and goals of the President.
Successful candidates will enjoy working within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven and community-oriented. Ideal candidates are highly organized, detail-oriented, hard-working and capable of tackling multiple projects at a time and should possess strong verbal and written skills. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. It is essential to have exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills and have the ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and exercise good judgment in a variety of situations.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Completes a broad variety of administrative duties for the President in a timely manner including:
- Managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; keeping appointments and meetings on time or changing schedules when necessary; plans, coordinates and ensures that the President’s schedule is followed and respected.
- Developing and managing complex and detailed domestic and international travel arrangements, itineraries and agendas; compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Managing external contacts for President, proactively understanding who they are, which are priority contacts and keeps track of periodic communication needed for priority contacts.
- Working closely and effectively with the President and Chief of Staff to keep the President well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities and following up appropriately.
- Composing and/or transcribing and preparing correspondence on the President’s behalf that is sometimes confidential.
- Managing weekly and special communications with JCC Association Board, JCC Executives, JCC Presidents and JCC Association staff.
- Attending select meetings, taking notes, capturing action items, and ensuring follow through.
- Completing expense reports. Process and maintain expenses for CEO and submit monthly reports to the accounting department.
- Ensuring various administrative tasks are done in an effective and efficient manner, including copying, scanning, reviewing outside mail, drafting correspondence, screening phone calls when requested, and maintaining executive files.
* Acts as “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the President’s time and office including:
- Scheduling weekly senior staff meetings and periodic senior staff retreats/off-sites; supporting travel logistics; assisting in compiling agenda items for senior staff team meetings and all staff meetings.
- Serving as the first point of contact with the Office of the President and being an ambassador to external constituents as directed.
- Providing a bridge for smooth communication between the President's office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with JCC Association senior management staff.
- Serving as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the President updated.
- Researching, prioritizing and following up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the President as directed by the President and/or the Chief of Staff, including those of a sensitive and confidential nature; determining appropriate course of action, referral or response.
- Manages a variety of special projects as directed by the President and CEO and/or Chief of Staff including:
- Working independently and within a team on special and nonrecurring and ongoing projects. Act as a project manager for special projects at the request of the President, which may include; planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, and organizing events.
- Prioritizing conflicting needs; handling matters expeditiously, proactively, and following-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Performing other related duties, responsibilities and special projects as assigned.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree and /or experience to equate to the degree.
- 5+ years demonstrated experience in the following areas is recommended: executive management support, operations, and/or communications.
- Excellent planning, organization and coordination skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent time-management and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to comfortably interact and build relationships with a broad range of people including major donors, board members, colleagues of the President, JCC Executives and JCC Association staff
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Proficiency in Windows in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and knowledge of PowerPoint
- Transcription skills are necessary.
- Ability to work beyond normal business hours as needed with little advance notice.
- Familiarity in working in nonprofit or American Jewish community a plus