NJY Camps, one of the largest Jewish overnight camp systems in North America, celebrating its 100th year of operations, is seeking a year round assistant director who will be tasked with managing the food service department and group rental business operations. This role will be based in the winter head quarter offices in Fairfield, NJ outside of camp season, and requires the individual to live on site in Milford, PA with room and board provided during the full summer season from May 1 until September 11.
About NJY Camps:
NJY Camps is the largest Jewish camp in the nation, comprised of seven camps that serve the entire Jewish community including children with disabilities and senior adults. NJY Camps continually seeks to help each camper develop new skills, greater self-confidence, a strong Jewish identity, and commitment to their heritage that will help shape the course of their lives. For 100 years, campers have left camp as better human beings and with an enhanced Jewish identity and commitment.
The Assistant Director (AD) is responsible for two primary areas of camp operations. The first being the food service department, to include supervising food service preparation in two kitchens, inventory management, ordering all food and supplies, maintaining equipment, training and supervising all food service staff and ensuring an adherence to correct standards of practice. Familiarity with kosher operation helpful. Safeserve certification required, or will need to be obtained upon hire. The second area of responsibility is for NJY Camps’ group rental business operations that take place during the pre and post camp seasons. This will include sourcing and growing new rental group business, negotiating agreements, communication efforts, planning and delivery of program needs and staff assignment responsibilities. Onsite living accommodations required and provided on site in Milford, PA from May 1 through early September, with remainder of year based in Fairfield, NJ.
Food Service Responsibilities:
Meal Management and Ordering:
• Ensures that we have the right product per menu, in the right quantity, in the right location/kitchen/storeroom, achieved via production sheets and inventory management.
• Monitors inventory and par sheets for main items.
• Manages ordering of food through established group purchasing consortium.
• Manages opening and closing procedures for dining rooms and kitchens.
Food Service Personnel Management:
• Supervises onboarding and orientation of all food service staff at each intake’s arrival.
• Provides continuous and ongoing training with all food service staff.
• Supervises direct reports, including chefs and dining room managers.
• Manages days off and roles for chefs, dining room managers and all food service personnel.
• Ensures that food service personnel have proper equipment and that the food service equipment is in working order and reports malfunctioning equipment to Director of Operations.
Food Related Special Events / Pack Outs:
• Ensures that all food that leaves the kitchens (trips and in-camp activities) are in order and on time.
• Reviews all special events camp directors to plan procedures for each event.
• Manages food orders for camp cooking electives ingredient needs.
• Manages daily meal provisions for Teen Camp at a satellite service facility.
Food Management Compliance:
• Ensures that sanitation norms are implemented and followed.
• Creates cleaning charts for all areas of kitchens and dining rooms and ensures that cleanup protocols and duties are followed through on.
• Ensures that kitchen procedures of hygiene and health code requirements are maintained.
• Works closely with allergies, special requests and gluten free provisions.
• Follows the rules and regulations of NJY Camps as outlined in the Personnel Practices Manual and ensures that staff comply with organization’s rules and regulations. Communicates any issues to the appropriate camp director.
• Works closely with Specialty Food Liaisons and Directors to ensure the strictest of controls working with allergy and special requests.
Rental Group Business Operations Responsibilities:
• Works in collaboration with Marketing Coordinator to market the group rental business and to source new leads for groups.
• Creates and innovates avenues for rental group business, maintaining a portfolio of potential groups with the goal of securing group reservations.
• Maintains a seasonal calendar of groups and rental business activities and assumes the point contact role for all associated groups and customers.
• Ensures adequate staffing needs are met for all rental groups, working in collaboration with the Director of Pre and Post Camp and Director of Staffing.
• Ensures all program, operational and logistical needs are fulfilled for each rental group.
• Manages delivery of rental group activities from arrival to departure, troubleshooting challenges along the way.
• Bachelor’s degree in non profit management, business management, hospitality or another relevant field required.
• A passion for the Jewish camping field.
• Experience in food service management in a commercial kitchen setting.
• Strong organizational skills and competency in food inventorying and ordering practices.
• Safeserve certification required, or to be obtained upon hire.
• Familiarity with kosher food practices.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and Database platforms.
• Experience supervising and mentoring teams of employees.
• Demonstrated problem solving and crisis management skills.
• A positive can-do attitude.
• Strong Team player and collaborator.
• Must be able to remain on their feet regularly throughout the day and be able to physically lift 50lbs.
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
• All room and board provided during summer season (May 1 – Sept 11).
• Flexible working hours outside of summer season, with possibility of part time if desired.
• Medical and dental insurance (Full time hours, year round required).
• The opportunity to work in a dynamic and fun environment and mentor young professionals from all over the world.
The organization is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We strongly encourage applications from all well-qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, gender identity, religion or religious belief, disability, age, nationality, national or ethnic origin, pregnancy, sexual and reproductive health decisions, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, caregiver status, military service eligibility, veteran status, or status in any other category in this regard protected by law.
To apply, pl******************