The Director of Campaign Operations reports to the Chief Development Officer and is responsible for the cultivation, engagement, solicitation and stewardship of existing donors and new prospects for JewishColumbus’ Annual Campaign. The ideal candidate is creative, analytical and a self-starter who combines organizational acumen and professionalism with a passion for, and knowledge of, the mission of JewishColumbus. The candidate is a team player who works effectively with a variety of constituencies.
• Manage the operations of the Annual Campaign. This includes, but is not limited to fundraisers, donor portfolios, development calendar, accompanying marketing calendar, lay solicitor portfolios, reports & dashboard.
• Cultivate and strengthen relationships with donors to increase their engagement and investment in JewishColumbus.
• Identify, qualify and engage prospective donors and create appropriate strategies.
• Partner with staff and lay leadership to provide organization, support, and guidance for development strategies that will deepen investment and enlarge the annual campaign.
• Collaborate with program staff to engage existing and new donors.
• Manage Director of Missions & Events and ensure all development events and missions have desired ROI.
• Manage the Young Adult Division Director, Women’s Philanthropy Director and Development Officers to execute the Annual Campaign.
• Other duties as assigned.
Position Accountabilities & Deliverables
Create and implement Development processes to achieve the fundraising goals of JewishColumbus
• Ensure processes are donor-centric and operationally efficient in order to maximize the amount of financial resources raised.
• Align the fundraising efforts of the Development team with the needs of the community as identified by the Community Impact team and prioritized by the Board of Directors.
Lead, manage, and supervise Campaign initiatives.
• Work closely with the CDO and Director of Major Gifts & Planned Giving to develop internal Development processes related to donor relationship management to ensure an integrated, aligned approach to the Annual Campaign and other fundraising efforts. This includes, but is not limited to Targeted Giving, Legacy Giving, and Capital Campaigns, resulting in the achievement of fundraising goals.
• Lead the goal setting process for the Annual Campaign, establishing pertinent metrics, tracking progress, and making adjustments.
• Accurately monitor campaign projections and ensure alignment with action plans.
• Work closely with CDO & CMO to develop strategies for Annual Campaign marketing efforts.
• Ensure that all dollars raised for the community are accounted for so they can be invested in the community efficiently.
• Analyze Annual Campaign results to develop data-driven strategies and tactics.
Work with the lay leaders and Committees.
• Lead staff for the Campaign committees; work closely with the Campaign Chair and engage volunteers in Development processes.
Act as a contributing member of the Development team.
• Identify operational inefficiencies in Development processes and create long-lasting solutions.
• Cultivate a collaborative team culture to support one another’s success.
• Bachelor’s degree in non-profit management or a related field. Master’s degree, preferred.
• Experience in building high performing systems.
• Minimum of 5 years of development experience.
• Successful record developing solicitation and sales strategies that achieve organizational fundraising goals.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong ability to tell compelling stories to inspire donors.
• The ability to develop & implement strategic plans.
• Knowledge of Columbus’ organized Jewish community, strongly preferred.
• Proficient in managing and interpreting development data.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proficient in MS Office, (especially Word and Excel).
• Ability to work under pressure while keeping a sense of humor.
• Goal-oriented, creative, and strategic thinker.