The American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) seeks an Area Director in one of the most politically dynamic and exciting areas nationwide. The ideal candidate will be motivated, energetic and creative with a proven track record in sales, politics, fundraising, or another field that shows their ability to build strong relationships, close deals, and grow revenue. AIPAC works to keep America strong and our ally Israel secure, and we’re looking for the right person to lead our Denver based team. If you love Israel, understand politics, have a passion for fundraising, and you’re supremely motivated - this is a great opportunity for you!
• Create and execute an annual development plan aimed at growing AIPAC’s fundraising revenue
o This will include face-to-face solicitations of significant donors, cultivating and recruiting new members, and asking current members to increase their investment in AIPAC.
• Develop lay leadership for local and national AIPAC roles
• Recruit participants for national and local programs
• Manage an Associate Area Director and a Program Coordinator to help achieve the above goals
• In partnership with the Regional Political Director, solicit participation for organized pro-Israel political activity
• Deliver speeches and briefings on the US-Israel relationship and pro-Israel activism
• Passion for a strong U.S.-Israel relationship as well as deep knowledge of issues relating to Israel, the Middle East and the U.S.-Israel relationship
• 7-10 years of work experience in a related field
• Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
• Experience with face-to-face solicitation or sales
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Outstanding management skills
• Knowledge of and experience in the organized Jewish community is a plus, although not required
• Ability to multitask
• Public speaking skills
• Understanding of the local and national political landscape preferred
Please provide cover letter with resume to be considered.
If applying for more than one position please use the 'Attachments' function to attach position specific cover letter.
Please use your legal name when completing the employment application. (No nicknames)
AIPAC is an equal opportunity employer