The Gurwin Family of Healthcare Services is a renowned healthcare provider located on Long Island, NY which offers a full continuum of services. The Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is an award-winning, 460-bed facility providing services for short-term rehabilitation and long-term skilled nursing care, home care programs, a social and a medical adult day health program, ventilator dependent care, palliative and hospice care, a new Memory Care Unit and on-site dialysis. The Gurwin Family of Healthcare Services also includes the 201-apartment Gurwin Jewish ~ Fay J. Lindner assisted living community, Gurwin Home Care Agency and the proposed Fountaingate Gardens independent living community, to be built on the Commack campus.
Our innovative facility and growing services offer opportunities to advance your career. We are currently seeking a full-time Chief Purchasing Officer.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor's degree preferred not required
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced, professional office environment
• Familiarity with inventory and receiving systems, the use of purchase orders, bills of lading, freight bills and other traffic documents •
Highly organized and strong attention to detail and handles issues in a timely manner
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Review delivery dates and arrange for storage of incoming supplies and delivery to requisitioner. Respond to problems such as back orders, damage to items, etc., calling suppliers or trucking companies and coordinating with departments to resolve problems.
• Implement capital equipment and inventories by tagging incoming capital items and recording inventory numbers
• Ensure needed supplies are delivered as ordered, in good condition and on time. Consult with departments to reduce delays and errors. Notify department of incomplete orders.
• Complete all purchase orders and work with Accounts Payable in expediting payment to appropriate vendors.
• Maintains and coordinates the resident equipment inspection and tracking system/records with clinical departments, Engineering and the vendors.
• Develop and maintain a supply requisition system to monitor product utilization and abuse.
• Maintain a medical equipment logging system to ensure proper inventory levels and maintenance of their operational capacities
• Maintain a variety of records, statistics, reports and files as required. Provide necessary reports to the Administrator and Finance department as requested.
• Select, orient, train, assign, direct, and supervise Stores and Receiving personnel. Evaluate performance and recommend personnel actions. Guide and counsel personnel and resolve problems.
• Implement and maintain established Gurwin Center and departmental policies and procedures and assure compliance with requirements of regulatory agencies.
• Direct maintenance and care of department supplies and work areas. Maintain work area in a safe manner and report any hazardous conditions to Administrator.
• Coordinate with Safety Officer on all Manufacturers’ Urgent Alert and Recalls issues.
• Participate on the Safety and Infection Control Committees.
• Develop cost reduction programs. Review and renegotiate purchasing contracts with vendors.
• Coordinate Biomedical Program, document repair histories, set Preventive Maintenance schedules for the inventory.
• Coordinate repairs with various vendors for all equipment; obtain loaners when necessary.
• Establish proper documentation to assure proper billing and warranty cycles.
• Coordinate and maintain the property of absent residents. Document incoming and outgoing signatures for such property.
• Provides needed medical and office supplies for all entities of Gurwin.
• Collaborates with the Respiratory Director regarding the specific medical needs of the Ventilator Unit. Implement and maintain the leased ventilators for safety inspection and accuracy on incoming and outgoing units.
• Develops new initiatives, programs, and cost effective measures.
• Actively shares knowledge fosters and promotes dissemination of information as it relates to organizational needs.
• Maintains confidentiality and performs duties in a safe manner.
• Takes an active role in the prevention of employee incidents and accidents so that the number of incidents in area of responsibility has decreased.
• Makes recommendations to improve safety.
• Demonstrates an attitude of cooperation and professionalism when dealing with staff, peers, and supervisors.
We offer an excellent salary, dynamic work environment and a comprehensive benefits package. EOE M/F/D/V