Located in Howard County, Maryland, between Baltimore and Washington, D.C., Temple Isaiah is a dynamic and growing Reform synagogue affiliated with the Union for Reform Judaism. We are a welcoming community dedicated to helping congregants fulfill their spiritual and educational needs, and nurture their Jewish identities. We have a popular preschool, a religious school of over 350 students, and a growing membership of approximately 550 households.
We are seeking an Executive Director who is a warm and engaging member of the Temple Isaiah community. S/he is respectful and approachable, promoting a forward-thinking culture that values inclusion. This person implements the congregation’s finances, oversees facilities and office staff, coordinates with security personnel and vendors, and interacts with clergy, lay leaders and committees. The Executive Director supports Temple Isaiah’s membership outreach program, and develops meaningful relationships with congregants and community organizations.
The qualifications for this job are:
• An established record of managing a Jewish membership organization.
• Experience in financial management.
• Skill in balancing and delegating administrative tasks.
• Experience successfully managing a staff.
• Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Experience using social media to communicate with constituents.
Start Date for this Position is August 1, 2020