Mayyim Hayyim Director of Operations and Systems (full-time)
$45,000 - $60,000
Position available immediately; please submit cover letter and*********************vers operational excellence on a daily basis for the essential components of Mayyim Hayyim.
Mayyim Hayyim Living Waters Community Mikveh and Paula Brody & Family Education Center is a welcoming, innovative, growing, mission-driven organization serving the Jewish community of greater Boston, and is the international hub of the Rising Tide Open Waters Mikveh Network. Services include ritual immersion for traditional purposes and transitional life moments, educational programs, volunteer opportunities, conferences, trainings, and online resources.
Essential Job Functions may include:
• Calendar management and meeting scheduling
• Meeting preparation (compiling materials and tracking follow-through)
• Coordination with board of directors, managing administration, logistics, and follow-up for board and committees. Includes calendaring, preparing meeting minutes and monitoring action items
• Tracking correspondence, data, and follow-up
• Responding to email and phone messages on behalf of Executive Director as needed
• Other assistance as needed
• Oversee physical site, office systems, and service contracts: IT, pool maintenance, HVAC, security, fire, cleaning service, landscaping, copy machine, etc.
• Ordering and inventory of office supplies
• Process and ship online orders
• Receive and unpack supply orders; ensure building is stocked with supplies as needed
• Liaise to outsourced service provider who manages and prepares all bookkeeping and financial reports using QuickBooks. Send weekly set of information including payroll, payables, donations, and cash receipts in a thorough and timely manner
• Review financial reports for completeness and accuracy
• Process online donations and maintain expense reporting
Donor Data Management
• Track and input program data and send related acknowledgement letters
• Maintain individual and organizational memberships and prepare and mail membership packets
• Other tasks as needed
Reports to the Mayyim Hayyim Executive Director
Preparation, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• 3 – 5 years of relevant experience preferred
• Excellent computer skills, including experience with spreadsheets and databases
• Team player – ability to take direction from multiple people
• Highly resourceful and taking pleasure in helping others
• Flexible – ability to juggle many priorities and willing to wear a lot of hats as an essential part of a small team
• Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information
• Understanding of and interest in Mayyim Hayyim’s mission
• Detail-oriented, even in the midst of many tasks and competing priorities
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Knowledge of and experience in the organized Jewish community preferred
• Experience in office or site management preferred
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
The position includes a shared office with exclusive use of a computer, phone line, voicemail and desk. Office space is up one flight of stairs. Physical demands beyond typical office work include the management of the Mayyim Hayyim inventory of equipment and supplies.
There is significant detail-oriented work. There are times when the work is fast-paced. The ability to handle stressful situations is important with multiple projects underway at the same time. The ability to work independently and collaboratively is essential.
The position entails working with deadlines and prioritizing different responsibilities.