This position will support professional and volunteer leadership and other co-workers through a variety of tasks to ensure efficient organization, confidentiality and time-sensitive communication in the office. The primary role of this position is to serve as accounts receivables to a large religious organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Upholds trust and protects operations by keeping information confidential
• Welcomes guests and members by greeting them, in person or on the telephone, and answering or directing inquires
• Opens mail and processes the contents
• Writes correspondence as requested
• Maintains a professional liaison with staff, leadership and members of the congregation
• Creates, copies and distributes documents as requested
• Coordinates additional projects and responsibilities as assigned
• Monitor outstanding account balances and work with members to bring accounts current and/or devise payment plans
• Process membership applications and resignations
• Keeps thorough files and history of prior correspondence, meetings and officiation of membership
• Filing tasks will include lifting, bending and reaching
Skill and Educational Requirements:
• Excellent verbal communication skills, record-keeping, Outlook, Microsoft Office skills, organization, time management and presentation skills
• Effective written communication skills including creating and editing letters
• Professional phone manner
• Must be good with technology and not afraid of unfamiliar software.
• Position includes administrative assistant duties and meetings with members to resolve financial issues.
• Filing tasks will include lifting, bending and reaching.
• Analytical skills with a high focus on accuracy
• Accurate and timely completion of work
• Ability to gather information and materials to present them in a professional and creative manner
• Excellent organizational, team and independent work skills especially as needed to support senior staff
• Desire and dedication to further the goals and mission of Temple Israel
• High school/GED and at least 2 years of college required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Confidence and competence to proactively drive projects
• Consistent positive attitude and welcoming demeanor in person and on the phone
• Effective time management approach with ability to prioritize and calmly handle multiple projects