Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Government and International Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the United States and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
The Office and Communications Coordinator for AJC New England will be responsible for coordinating all functions related to the operations of the office and provide administrative support for the director. In addition, the Office and Communications Coordinator will also play a key role in managing program logistics for events. The successful candidate must be highly organized, energetic, and sufficiently flexible to handle multiple assignments in a fast-moving dynamic environment.
The Office and Communications Coordinator does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
Responsibilities include the following:
Communications Coordination Responsibilities
• Provide logistical, organizational and administrative support for communications, including preparation of invitations, newsletters and other important communications devices.
• Provide support for regional website.
• Coordinate robust social media program and generate regular local content.
• Oversee Board Ambassadors communications program.
• Create dashboards and manage metrics for constituency outreach activities.
Office Management Responsibilities
• Handle all facility/office related issues (landlord, security, IT, supplies, etc.) and manage vendor relationships
• Answering the phone and taking messages, monitoring and maintaining the office and community calendars, and keeping inventory of supplies.
• Provide administrative support to the regional director, as needed.
• Maintain correspondence, documentation files, including financial reports, relating to regional office projects and programs.
• Organize and prioritize large volumes of information, e-mails, and incoming and outgoing mail.
• Handle administrative responsibilities such as typing, designing, and layout of general correspondences, annual reports, charts, and mailings.
• Code and file expense reports related to office procurement.
• Prepare monthly accounting information for the bookkeeper and financial reports for director and associate director.
• Provide administrative support for board and committee meetings.
• Provide administrative support for general staff, as circumstances may require.
• Enter and track expenses in FundEZ and other related financial software
• Step in, as needed, to support additional projects and advance office goals.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy
• Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint, and capacity to learn new programs such as Raiser’s Edge and FundEZ
• Event planning and management experience preferred
• Well-developed organizational and time management skills
• Dependable and appreciative of the need to preserve confidentiality
• Well-developed customer service orientation
• Strong attention to detail and follow-through
• A self-starter, willing to take the initiative
• A team player as well as able to work independently
• Ability to work quickly and effectively under pressure and juggle multiple tasks
• Passion for the mission of AJC
• Pride and professionalism in work accomplishments
• A demonstrated commitment to high ethical standard and values
• Ability to work with technical software (such as HR information systems, IT hardware and software, Financial accounting software, etc.)
• 1-2 years’ work experience preferred
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.