Temple Sinai located in Stamford, CT seeks a Director of Religious School. The Director of Religious School oversees all aspects of our congregation’s educational programming, including supervising and managing teachers and madrichim.
Temple Sinai is a growing and vibrant congregation of approximately 350 families and is recognized in the larger Stamford community as a place of excellence. We are a congregation with dynamic and responsive clergy, congregants who are supportive of one another, a comprehensive and dynamic music program as well as a committed and active lay leadership. We are looking for an innovative educator who wishes to make a long-term impact on the future of our temple community.
The selected applicant will be integral to realizing Temple Sinai’s vision of a vibrant Reform Jewish community rooted in Learning and Studying, Worshipping and Reflecting, and Instilling Jewish Values. The Director is most essentially a teacher of Torah. S/he is directly responsible for implementing and supervising Jewish education programs for our 150 religious school children and families. The Director should have a high degree of empathy, patience, enthusiasm and a true love of the Jewish people.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Willingness to search out, develop and innovate new educational ideas to create an inspiring educational experience
• A warm and engaging personality and sensitivity to the needs of students, parents, and faculty
• Strong collaborative spirit to work in partnership with the clergy team and lay leadership
• Ability to uphold and enhance the culture of excitement and joyful learning that leads to the development of strong Jewish identity
• Ability to relate to learners of all ages and their families (and co-workers)
• Ability to be proactive and take initiative
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• Good management practices
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
• Knowledge of Jewish practices, holidays and laws
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Office-based computer skills; familiarity with use of classroom technology
• Undergraduate degree from an accredited four-year college or university
This position will be available as of July 1, 2020 and has a salary of $80,000-$110,000 plus benefits.
To apply please send a resume with salary requireme******************************