The iCenter advances excellence in Israel education by serving as the North American hub for shaping and strengthening the field. In collaboration with partner institutions, The iCenter supports educators across settings with training, tools, and resources to bring Israel into learners’ lives. We believe that education is key to inspiring generations of young Jews with a meaningful and enduring connection to Israel and the Jewish people.
We work collaboratively—cross team, cross discipline, and across continents—with schools, camps, universities, travel experience providers, educators, leadership, and more. We form lasting and meaningful collaborations with our partners and with each other. We are a team defined by creativity, bold ideas, and the pursuit of excellence and have been around for more than a decade, but are a start-up at heart. Come do your best and be your best in a vibrant workplace where we prioritize professional and personal growth.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Are you a creative thinker? Do you love to tell stories about people, education, and Israel? Do you live and breathe social media? Are you always searching for the latest viral videos and trends? Is a fun work day for you spending hours creating on the back end of a website or developing content strategy? Do you enjoy working with a talented team of creative colleagues? If that’s a yes, then we’d love for you to share your creative and technical talents with our growing Communications team based in Northbrook, IL.
WHAT YOU'LL CONTRIBUTE
As the Creative Communications and Media Manager, you will:
- Create, develop, and manage content for our web presence, with a focus on user experience
- Compose and publish relevant, original, high-quality social media content that shares the stories and efforts of The iCenter
- Strategize marketing campaigns, optimize outreach, and analyze results to consider future improvements
- Develop engaging digital content for email campaigns to reach a range of audiences in the US, Canada, and Israel
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THIS WORK
- Motivated to tell stories through a variety of digital media about the work of The iCenter and Israel education
- An excellent communicator and confident engaging with and responding to various online communities
- An understanding of popular content management systems
- Ability to independently manage Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram ad managers and familiarity with paid social ads
- Experienced with online metrics (Google Analytics) to measure, analyze, and interpret user engagement data
- An eye for detail and excellent content editing skills
- A fast learner, self-directed, and able to prioritize several assignments simultaneously
- An understanding of Israel, Judaism, and the North American Jewish community
- A team player with the desire to work closely with a dynamic group of colleagues
- Experience with website management and managing social media
- Experience with HTML/CSS and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) is a plus
THE CULTURE YOU'LL CONTRIBUTE TO
The iCenter is made by the people who work here. We all contribute our diverse talents and expertise, and are always encouraged to bring our diversity of skills and passions into our work. We’re creative, fun, and hardworking, and care deeply about our work of enhancing the relationship of Jews to Israel (and Israel to Jews). We have a strong culture of learning, and are constantly refreshing as we learn and take in feedback. Our brightly-colored office is stocked with snacks and swag, and frequently is bustling with educators collaborating together.
The iCenter is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The iCenter promotes diversity and provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identify, gender expression, religious creed, disability, genetic information, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or military and veteran status. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.