Description of Position:
The CRJ Music Leadership and Soloist position is your opportunity to begin July 1st with the largest Reform congregation in Orlando. Our rabbi is at the forefront of the Jewish experience here and we have a warm and vibrant congregational family. Check out our website for the multitude of programs we offer.
• Coordinate services with our rabbi as well as plan, practice and perform music for Friday night services throughout the year and Saturday morning services when B’nai Mitzvah and B’not Mitzvah are scheduled
• Oversee, plan, practice, perform and interact musically with children during Sunday School on mornings from August through May
• From July through Yom Kippur, in addition to regular responsibilities, the position requires rehearsing, leading, and maintaining our adult choir, youth choir and band during the High Holidays
• Support religious education events periodically
• Rehearse and lead liturgical music for special services (e.g., Purim, Passover, Sukkot, Simchat Torah, Hanukkah)
• Be available for life cycle events of congregants and special commemorative services
• Familiarity and experience with singing traditional Jewish liturgical music
• Able to play guitar and perform contemporary Jewish liturgical music and songs
• Able to lead music program in various environments including children, teenagers, adults and seniors
• Knowledge of basic music theory including simple transpositions and harmonies
• Able to read Hebrew
• Able to work collaboratively with volunteer musicians and singers
• Passion for music and Judaism
Compensation and Schedule:
The salary, benefits and schedule will be based on the respective needs of our congregation and the candidate as well as his or her experience and qualifications.
Our Mission Statement: The mission of CRJ is to offer a synagogue culture that is inviting and respectful, with inspiring worship services and programs that promote lifelong Jewish learning within a caring, innovative and vibrant congregation.
Congregation of Reform Judaism is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics and any other criterion prohibited by law.