Position Description – The StandWithUs high school program is for students interested in learning more about Israel and becoming involved in the pro-Israel community. The High School Coordinator will be based in New York City.
The High School Coordinator recruits, educates, and mentors high school students in the Tri-State Area (NY, NJ, and CT) to become successful educators for Israel. Reporting to the Executive Director of High School Affairs and Managing Director of High School Affairs, the High School Coordinator is a member of a dynamic team of young, passionate leaders, and works with various student and community groups to provide education and resources to high school teens.
Throughout the year, the High School Coordinator will focus on cultivating new and existing relationships with high school students of all faiths, educating them about Israel, mentoring them in effective Israel education skills, and providing them with resources and material. In addition, the position entails recruiting student participants and providing them with guidance and support throughout their participation in the program.
The High School Coordinator will assist the Executive Director of High School Affairs and Managing Director of High School Affairs in developing new campaigns and materials, updating educational content, and promoting the organization’s online and social media presence. The High School Coordinator helps represent StandWithUs to the greater Tri-State community through outreach programs and fundraising activities that build StandWithUs’ local profile.
The position entails frequent travel within the specified region. If you live in an area where public transportation is not commonly used, it is a requirement to have a personal vehicle available to you, a valid driver’s license, and current, comprehensive drivers’ insurance including liability, for work-related matters.
Additional Duties – The High School Coordinator should be available to the executive management for additional assignments as needed, including events and meetings outside normal working hours.
• Recruitment and outreach to high school students and teachers of all faiths.
• Consistent communication with students, and the program’s professional staff.
• Consistent use of social media platforms to promote the high school department, our work, our students’ work, and our accomplishments.
• Provide educational resources and material for student leaders, including activism training.
• Mentor students on advocacy and program skills.
• Work closely with students to create new programs and strengthen existing ones.
• Assist in the planning and execution of local, regional, and national conferences and summits.
• Document student activities: photos from campus events, gathering testimonials, quantifying campus data, etc.
• Communicate and facilitate efforts with local SWU community chapter (ie: events organization and promotion)
• B.A. required. Recent graduates with knowledge of Israel and international politics.
• 2-3 years of experience in Israel advocacy on campus required.
• Passion for educating and mentoring teens on Israel.
• Leadership experience in camp, youth movements, synagogues, and teen programs.
• Experience with teaching, lecturing, public speaking required.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• A high degree of creativity and flexibility in order to meet organizational objectives and demands.
• Demonstrated project management, supervisory and time management skills.
• Computer literacy, including proficiency with MS Office and internet applications.
• Detail oriented, self-motivated, organized, reliable, team player, proactive, strong work ethic, leadership skills; ability to multitask.
• Must have American citizenship or a valid work visa. StandWithUs cannot sponsor visas.
The position includes a competitive salary and healthcare benefits.
Position Start Date: Flexible during Spring 2020.