The Administrative/Marketing Assistant will perform a variety of administrative and marketing duties that are necessary to market and run an organization efficiently.
Essential Job Duties / Responsibilities:
• Manage communications by creating synagogue-wide community emails about events and upcoming programs
• Assist with marketing and implementation of all special events taking place on site
• Prepare flyers and ads for synagogue events for various departments and committees.
• Assist in managing the website and social media sites
• Create monthly yahrzeit letters, birthday and anniversary notices, weekly yahrzeit lists and Shabbat announcements
• Create weekly Shabbat Announcements, using tools such as ShulCloud, Word, Adobe, and MailChimp to put together a printed and electronic version of such announcements
• Perform front desk duties - screen calls, take messages, respond to inquiries and requests for information as directed, answer basic synagogue questions, greet guests, distribute mail, give tours to prospective members, process membership paperwork, etc.
• Work with Executive Director and Facilities Manager to coordinate and schedule rental usage of space for private parties and non-member event
• Operate a wide variety of office equipment including copiers, scanners, and computers to assist with printing flyers and supplemental materials for committees and staff. Serve as liaison for vendors and suppliers for office equipment
• Other duties as assigned
Education, Skills, and Experience:
• Must be able to be a team player, work well with others and collaborate on projects with staff members and congregants alike
• Must have the ability to learn quickly and efficiently and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with many distractions
• Basic knowledge of Judaism and familiarity with the Hebrew language, holidays, traditions, and customs
• Strong customer service skills and knowledge of business/office operations; interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and exceptional attention to details; verbal and written communication skills; experience copy editing or proofreading
• Demonstrated experience handling multiple duties and prioritizing successfully
• Ability to maintain the confidential nature of data and information
• Experience with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google platform
• Experience with Adobe and email platforms such as Constant Contact or Mailchimp
• Knowledge of operating standard office equipment (printer, copy machine)
• Minimum of three years working as an administrative or marketing assistant, or similar field preferred, working in non-profit and/or Jewish organization a plus