DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS
The Brandeis School of San Francisco
The Brandeis School of San Francisco seeks a joyfully collaborative, soulful leader to partner in the work of reimagining Jewish education and community for San Francisco in the third decade of the 21st century.
The Director of Admissions reports to the Head of School, and is charged with the comprehensive responsibility for all activities involving enrollment management, including in particular admissions, outreach, and retention.
• Joyful collaborator, with ability to work collegially across constituencies
• Soulful leader, with track record of managing professional staff and volunteers
• Charismatic connector, rooted in and inspired by the vibrancy and diversity of Jewish life in the Bay Area
Background and Skills:
• Proven success in a senior administrative role, preferably working with a board
• Excellent organizational, technical, and communication skills, with attention to detail
• Experience and temperament for working with young children
• Knowledge of marketing and communications strategies
• Work experience in an independent school, college, and/or non-profit setting, with admissions-specific experience preferred
• Connections in and familiarity with the Bay Area Jewish community
• Bachelor’s degree or higher
• Uphold the school mission, values, and policies at all times.
• Contribute to the mission and standards of the school by recruiting and retaining students who will benefit from the school’s unique culture and programmatic offerings and contribute to the school community.
• Formulate forward-thinking, strategic enrollment management policies, with an eye toward the long-term connections between and sustainability of the student body and broader alumni base.
• Understand the culture and climate of the school and the broader educational environment.
• Foster high ethical standards, integrity, and respect for colleagues, alumni, parents, and students throughout the admissions process.
• Coordinate with the Business Office and Tuition Assistance Committee to analyze and allocate available funds for tuition assistance.
• Communicate clearly and enthusiastically to all staff and prospective students.
• Develop and coordinate on-campus recruitment events, managing an active student and parent ambassador program.
• Represent Brandeis to preschool directors at all feeder schools and any relevant recruitment events.
• Develop and sustain professional relationships with local school administrators and organizations.
• Collaborate with development and communications to design and implement a comprehensive marketing plan, including attention to social media, school website, and all digital channels.
• Oversight of the re-enrollment process with current families.
• Additional projects and duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
• Works in a school environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines, and a varied and diverse array of contacts.
• Seasonal nights and weekends and attendance at school events will be required.
The school offers competitive compensation based on prior experience, education, and position requirements. Medical, dental, Life and long-term disability and retirement benefits are provided. More information about the school can be found on our website at http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx
The Brandeis School of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Instructions for Applying
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a resum******************* February 24th, 2020.