Larchmont Temple seeks a dynamic, talented and versatile music educator to join our full-time staff team. The Music and T’fillah Coordinator serves as a vital creative and communal link, integrating a range of programs covering diverse demographics within congregational life.
The Music and T’fillah Coordinator will:
• Collaborate with our cantor in creating a cohesive vision that builds bridges between KESHER
(LT’s K-12 youth education program) and our congregation at large.
• Collaborate in leading T’fillah for KESHER with clergy and other members of our education team. This involves teaching and leading new prayers on an ongoing basis.
• Plan and implement singing curriculum for KESHER (grades K-6)
• Be a part of Shabbat worship in collaboration with the clergy team for Friday night services
• Teach and mentor Songleading Madrichim, our songleading training program for teens
• Collaborate with our education team to envision creative and meaningful holiday and ritual observances for students in our KESHER and Temple-wide programs
• Lead youth vocal and instrumental groups in partnership with our cantor
• Organize and participate with groups of musicians for Temple services
• Plan and implement our Nursery School music program (toddler-age 5), including weekly music classes and age level appropriate Shabbat celebrations.
• Collaborate with clergy and education team in delivering meaningful High Holy Day worship and programmatic experiences
• Collaborate with our cantor in creating an exciting and rich repertoire for our youth choirs
• Teach Music Speciality and provide other musical teaching and resources in KESHER
Our ideal Candidate:
• Song-leads with expert proficiency
• Can comfortably serve as shaliah/shlichat tzibur (prayer leader)
• Brings experience in experiential Jewish education (camping, youth groups, etc)
• Is well-versed in the repertoire of Contemporary Jewish music
• Has a strong foundation of Jewish knowledge
• Possesses a solid musical background with excellent guitar skills and reads music fluently
• Is committed to educating groups from early childhood through teenage years
• Has strong interpersonal skills with youth and adults as well as a collaborative spirit
• Will vision and work in partnership with our staff team
• Demonstrates healthy professionalism and work ethic