The Clergy/Programing Administrative Assistant at Congregation B’nai Israel (CBI) of Toms River will be a part of the administrative team at CBI and will provide administrative support to our clergy, which may consist of up to two (2) clergy, as well as the Synagogue Administrator. The Clergy/Programing Administrative Assistant will be a proactive, participatory member of the office staff team, providing workable solutions that extend beyond the reach of any one staff person. This is a full-time position and includes receptionist responsibilities as needed, including acting as the “gatekeeper” for all calls/visitors to the Rabbi.
Other general administrative support functions will include, but are not limited to:
• Scheduling meetings and managing the clergy calendar
• Coordinating travel arrangements
• Creating documents and manage mailings
• Ordering and maintain supplies at the appropriate level
• Filing, faxing, photocopying
• Be the first welcoming voice/face to members and potential new members
• Assist members with questions and requests as appropriate
• Track incoming donations and provide timely acknowledgements
• Be able to perform basic trouble-shooting operations on computer
• Assist in the production of marketing material, including on-line and print
• Keep clergy organized
• Ensure timely mailing of daily outgoing mail
• Organize programming and events at the direction of clergy, including managing caterers and attendees
• Other duties as assigned
Experience and Qualifications:
Looking for a self-starter who is able to multi-task, work in a team and is computer proficient. Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint required. Knowledge of ShulCloud/Chaveware and synagogue operations preferred. Knowledge of internet based programs, such as Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, Eventbrite and others preferred. Must be able to interact with all types of individuals calling and coming into the office at all times. Works well under occasional pressure.
Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; Demonstrated experience in successfully working with individuals and collaboratively in groups; Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills; Knowledge and understanding of Judaism and Jewish culture, customs, holidays, and familiarity with the needs of a Conservative Jewish congregation.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience and benefits.
Please direct all inquiries and submit cover letter, salary requirements and resume to our Preside********************i Israel (CBI)
1488 Old Freehold Road
Toms River, New Jersey 08753