Park Avenue Synagogue (PAS), a 1,700 family egalitarian Conservative congregation on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, currently seeks a full-time Adult Education Coordinator focused on implementing engaging, inclusive and inspiring Jewish adult learning experiences. We are looking for an organized and motivated team member with an exceptional skill set of Jewish programming, education, administration, and an understanding of the global Jewish world.
Park Avenue Synagogue offers an array of programming: a variety of courses, concerts, lecture series, discussion groups, local tours, and an annual Shabbaton. PAS has experienced tremendous growth in participation across all programs and classes. This position will report to the Director of Synagogue Programming and Adult Education and work closely with the Director of Congregational Education and the clergy and will work directly on the implementation of our robust educational vision and annual programming of the PAS community.
• Coordinate adult learning programs, classes, lectures, Shabbat dinners and the Shabbaton.
• Oversee recruitment and registration, track attendance, correspond with students and faculty, order books and program materials, submit room set-ups, coordinate and submit billing.
• Evaluate classes and programs to inform the development and enhancement of our offerings.
• Prepare contracts for part-time instructors.
• Implement Melton program, including overseeing all logistics for fall and spring openings, material distribution and late registration, extracurricular activities, and promotional events for classes, like “Taste of Melton”.
• Oversee administration of Study Circles program, including calendar maintenance, teacher assignments, and regular communication with study groups.
• Serve as a staff liaison to JTS at PAS and Study Circles committee, and other committees as assigned.
• Update PAS website with information about adult learning classes and assist with publicity across multiple platforms for programs and classes, including invitations, website content, flyers, email blasts and brochures in conjunction with the Communications department.
• Work as part of Synagogue Programming team to be present for events, including concerts, and manage registration as required.
• Keep abreast of best practices and latest trends for Jewish adult educational offerings amongst comparable synagogues, Jewish organizations and other educational institutions.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience with a strong track record of excellent project management, program planning, execution and administration skills:
o Exceptional attention to detail, appreciation for planning and logistics.
o Ability to implement programs, classes and events.
o Ability to operate within a departmental budget.
• Team player and strong interpersonal skills: ability to work collaboratively with clergy, other educational staff team members and lay leaders to implement a vision and achieve programmatic goals.
• Flexible schedule including some nights, Shabbats, holidays and Sundays.
• Ability to update and manage sections of PAS website, utilize approved social media, create e-blasts and other modes of communications.
• General knowledge of current Jewish adult education and programming trends, speakers and authors.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Experience planning and leading innovative Israel, Jewish holidays and other educational programs preferred.
• Professional experience in Jewish education, camping, Hillel campus or synagogue setting preferred.
• Knowledge of Salesforce and event registration systems a plus.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Qualified candidates should send a brief cover letter and resume.