CONGREGATION B’NAI ISRAEL, ST. PETERSBURG, FLORIDA
Congregation B’nai Israel has been an integral part of the Jewish community and civic life in St. Petersburg since 1923. Today, we are housed in a beautiful building, led by a young rabbi and strong lay leadership. At CBI, we make it easy for everyone to participate in Jewish life — our egalitarian Conservative approach embraces traditional forms of observance in an atmosphere that welcomes interfaith and LGBT families. Along with the only daily minyan services on Florida's west coast, CBI offers a range of programming that earned us the Synagogue of Excellence Award from United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism for ten consecutive years.
The Executive Director is an integral part of the congregation management team. Responsibilities include all areas of Synagogue administration including, but not limited to:
• Manage, coordinate, and evaluate staff
• Monitor financial affairs and dues collection
• Manage Shulcloud computer software
• Interface between congregation president, Rabbi, and professional staff
• Communicate and network with staff, membership, and community
• Work closely with lay leadership
• Work to develop membership
• Provide fundraising leadership
• Manage and coordinate volunteer activities
• Assist to develop leadership
• Manage facility
• BS or BA desired.
• Management experience with a non-profit organization for at least 3 years. Synagogue experience would be helpful.
• Strong computer skills, including experience with database management software and Microsoft Office Suite .
• Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as well as lead, follow, and motivate a variety of different people and personalities.
• Familiarity with Jewish culture, tradition, holidays, customs and Hebrew language.
• Flexibility to work weekends and holidays.
Interested candidates should mail a cover*******************