Join us in supporting CJE SeniorLife’s Volunteer Service Department. CJE is a long-standing, highly reputable, non-profit organization serving northern Chicago and the suburbs. We are dedicated to the mission of enhancing the quality of life and facilitating independence of older adults. Volunteers at CJE SeniorLife serve a vital role in the care of our residents and community.
Primary administrative duties involve database management and reporting and front-facing communication skills—in person, on the phone and via email correspondence. Expectations include being a flexible, professional team player working with dedicated and fun colleagues.
Often project driven, areas include policy and procedure consolidation as well as website and communications review. Assignments often include interfacing with other organizational departments while engaging with a spirit of collaboration. Customer service abilities are key to the success of this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Facilitating and processing inquiries and applications are essential tasks. Timely and appropriate messaging is needed to be successful when responding to those who reach us via many modes of contact. Attention to detail is critical and much can be achieved with a respectful, positive and can-do attitude.
• Compliance requirements must be followed while providing the utmost confidentiality.
• Accurate tracking methods and record keeping involving volunteers will consider the following: hours logged/worked, report generating, etc.
• Logistical support when planning Outreach and Educational programs (on site or off-campus) will be necessary—including prepping materials, etc.
• Other areas requiring participation: Volunteer Recognition activities, planning and administration; Maintain and order office and marketing supplies; Manage and organize electronic and paper files; Expense monitoring; other work as assigned.
Complies with safety policies and procedures; Adheres to laws regarding the protection, use, disclosure, and release of client and CJE business information; Attends required in services; Reports violations of law, regulations, policies, or procedures; Reports client abuse or neglect; Records documentation timely, accurately, and completely.
This position has responsibility for HIPAA compliance.
Exposure to blood borne pathogens is not likely to occur in this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Associates degree with 1-2 years of relevant work experience will be considered. Candidates without college degree must demonstrate 3-4 years of progressively responsible experience relevant to the scope of work outlined.
Have the ability to read/write basic reports, business correspondence and manuals. Have the capacity to respond to questions from colleagues (managers and co-workers alike), customers and the general public.
• Adeptness with MS Office Suite products—particularly Excel and Word. Volgistics database software experience preferred (or affinity for/to database applications).
• Proficient interpersonal skills required—including sound judgment, problem solving prowess, and the aptitude to prioritize in a multi-task position with efficiency while adhering to deadlines.
• Self-starting personality, having pride in one’s work, displaying the capacity to work independently are all crucial elements to be successful in this position.
• Occasional weekend/evening availability preferred—all while demonstrating the desire to proudly represent and be the “face” of CJE SeniorLife.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing select duties of this job (e.g., bringing and setting up materials to off-site programs), the employee is required to talk, hear, stand/sit for extended periods of time. The employee is required to stoop, reach above their head and walk. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds occasionally. Employee must have a valid driver’s license and car for occasional travel throughout the north side of the city and suburbs.
Displays behavior that creates a customer service culture at CJE by understanding the needs of our clients and customers and demonstrating a strong bias toward service, quality and customer satisfaction.