JOB TITLE: Program and Engagement Associate
HOURS: Part Time
COMPENSATION: $15-$18/per hour
REPORTS TO: Rabbi
DATE WRITTEN: January 2020
The Program and Engagement Associate will work closely with the Rabbi.
The Program and Engagement Associate will plan and implement a wide-range of Temple activities from individual/one-time events to ongoing programs across various constituencies of our Temple membership.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Deepening connections with our membership while directing program needs.
• Overseeing the Temple calendar and community calendar to avoid major conflicts with events (within the Temple and the greater Jewish community).
• Serving as a liaison to our arms and committees (e.g. Brotherhood, Sisterhood, Religious, Adult Education and Social Action committees).
• Working in digital and in print media to coordinate messaging and publicity.
• Helping Temple Emanu-El to be strongly connected to the local community and Jewish community, collaborate with other organizations and help to coordinate community events, held at Temple Emanu-El.
• Serving as a link between our Clergy, Professional Staff and lay leaders to develop and maintain programs.
• Attending staff and professional staff meetings, as needed.
• Assisting with other Temple projects and meetings, as needed.
Educational Requirements and Preferred Skill set:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Must have strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• A strategic planner with strong organizational skills.
• Judaically knowledgeable.
Passionate about building a vibrant Jewish community.
• Energetic, outgoing and flexible – with a strong work ethic and self-motivation.
• Flexibility in work schedule (some weekend and evenings required).
• Ability to multitask.
• Ready to work independently AND as part of a highly collaborative team.
• Willing to take risks and being able to creatively problem solve.
Needed Attributes:• Ability to manage large group programs on time and within budget.
• Ability to interact with and support our membership in a friendly and welcoming manner.
• Leadership skills.