Chabad on Campus International (COCI) is seeking a Controller to manage its growing accounting operations. The position reports to the VP of Finance and would be responsible for oversight of the accounting department/staff, production of financial reports, maintenance of accounting records, reconciliation of accounts and other duties as assigned. The Controller would work to enhance the accuracy of COCI’s budgeting and reporting and ensure that financial reports comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
Chabad on Campus International is an entrepreneurial organization at the forefront of Jewish life on campus. At COCI you will have a rewarding work experience, will be appreciated for the value you bring to the team, and will get to work in a cohesive and friendly environment.
· Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
· Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls, including expense management and purchase approval systems.
· Create and manage annual and monthly budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
· Monitor and confirm financial condition by conducting internal reviews and providing information to external auditors.
· Provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
· Prepare reports for management and oversight boards by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
· Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions.
· Ensure fiscal accuracy by General Ledger maintenance and reconciliation.
· Maintain financial staff job results by coaching and counseling team members; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
· Protect operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
· Auditing, accounting, and corporate finance
· Developing and tracking budgets
· Analyzing information
· Staff performance management
· Computer skills, including Quickbooks and data management
· Able to meet deadlines with minimal supervision
· Organized self-starter who is able to prioritize workload
· Demonstrates attention to detail, flexibility and independence
· Interacts professionally with internal team and external Board leadership
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
· 7+ years progressive accounting experience
· Experience with budgeting
· Experience with corporate financial reporting requirements
· Competitive salary commensurate with level of education and experience.
· Closed all Jewish holidays, paid vacation days, parental leave.