Position Title: Kindergarten Teacher
FLSA Classification: Full time, exempt 2020
Reports To: Director of Lower School
Position Purpose: Teach Kindergarten
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Planning and teaching a challenging course of study in a developmentally appropriate manner, with an emphasis on differentiating instruction and using assessments effectively.
• Working as a mentor to a resident teacher, partnering with that teacher to plan and implement curriculum and providing ongoing support as the resident develops in their lead teaching skills.
• Engaging children in project work that is an in-depth investigation of a particular topic as part of an emergent curriculum.
• Creating an inclusive classroom environment through regular class meetings, supportive exchanges with students, clear expectations for community behavior and a focus on diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
• Collaborating with other general studies teachers, educators and specialist teachers to develop curriculum, plan trips and special projects and solve problems.
• Working in partnership with a Jewish Studies teacher to plan and implement a cohesive social, emotional and spiritual kindergarten curriculum.
• Working and communicating effectively with parents in formal and informal conferences, written reports, and newsletters.
• Supporting and following the school policies and procedures.
• Positively contributing to the professional community.
• B.A. degree and teaching credential required.
• Minimum three years recent experience as lead teacher in early (Kindergarten- 1st Grade) required.
• Familiarity with Lucy Calkins Readers and Writers Workshop, inquiry-based learning, and real-world problem-solving preferred.
• Regularly sit), talk, run, move equipment, hear and visually interact with students.
• Be able to occasionally lift up to 25 lbs.
• Regularly use close and distance vision.
• Work at a desk and computer screen.
• Turn, bend, reach and occasionally use a ladder.
• Work in a traditional climate-controlled office environment and outside in both hot and cold climates.
The school offers competitive compensation based on prior experience, education, and position requirements. Medical, dental, life, and long-term disability and retirement benefits are provided. More information about the school can be found on our website at www.sfbrandeis.org. The Brandeis School of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Instructions for applying
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send a resume and cover letter, including details ********************