Hillel at UCLA’s Philanthropic Advancement Team seeks to harness the talents of a professional whose strategic efforts, through the production of compelling communications and community events, will elevate Hillel’s prestige and credibility among current and prospective stakeholders. Reporting to the Director of Community Philanthropy, this Associate will support the fundraising efforts of the entire Philanthropy Team, including collaboration with the Director of Philanthropic Partnerships, Executive Director and members of the Student Life Team, key lay leaders, vendors and student partners.
Responsibilities of Donor Services Associate
Principal duties include (but are not limited to)
• Communications (Email, Social Media, Mail Appeals, Annual Reports)
• Events Management (High Holy Days, Parlor Meetings, Donor Events, Board Meetings)
• Support of Grants Administration/Writing/Reporting
• Prospect Research and Database Segmentation/Inquiry
Characteristics of an Ideal Teammate
• Genuine investment in Hillel’s mission and purpose
• Collaborative spirit, highly relational
• Inquisitive and creative problem solver
• Energetic, diplomatic and takes pride in their work
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• 1-3 years of experience in marketing, sales, development (non profit experience a plus)
• Familiarity with general principles in fundraising
• Confidence and experience in event production/management
• Refined sense of visual aesthetic and capable of guiding visual design projects
• Adept in nurturing and sustaining working relationships with off-site vendors
• Strong writing skills both in short and long form (i.e. for social media, for mail appeals and for grant reporting)
• Ability and willingness to work occasionally on evenings and on some Jewish holidays
• Experience (or proven comfort in) working in shared office space
• Ability to prioritize as well as manage time and stress with poise
• Comfortable around college students, understands appropriate boundaries and ease of interaction
• Knowledge of the Los Angeles Jewish philanthropic landscape
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite, email campaign platforms (i.e. Nationbuilder, MailChimp) and experience using CRM platforms (i.e. DonorPerfect, Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge, Blackbaud), online forms.
• Expertise in utilizing social media platforms and mechanisms for leveraging social media for promotional purposes and fundraising
• Personal connection to the Hillel movement
• Familiarity with basic techniques in contemporary fundraising
• Familiarity with NationBuilder and Wufoo
Compensation Package: $50,000-$60,000 salary range, negotiable commensurate with experience. Hillel offers ample, affordable health benefits. Exempt position with flexible vacation plan, employer-paid Life, Basic AD&D, Long Term Disability Insurance.
About Hillel at UCLA
Hillel at UCLA is a great place to work. We encourage creativity, value personal authenticity, provide opportunities for professional development and believe in a healthy work-life blend. We are guided by Jewish values and, as a staff, we strive to model for our students and community an enduring commitment to well-rounded Jewish living . The office is centrally located on the east side of UCLA and houses a vibrant energy reflective of the diversity of our students and community members.