Who We Are:
Moishe House is what being Jewish in your 20s is all about. Launched in 2006 when four Jewish 20-somethings began hosting Shabbat dinners in Oakland, California for their friends, Moishe House provides a space for over 60,000 young adults around the world to create meaningful, welcoming Jewish communities for themselves and their peers. To date, there are more than 100 communities in over 25 countries, and we’re still growing.
The Moishe House team works towards our mission by believing in themselves and each other, collectively creating innovative ways to reach young adults. With the generous gifts from our donors, we observe the highest standards of stewardship of all the resources placed in our trust!
Who you are:
• You believe in our mission and bring creativity, innovation, and hard work to our team.
• You have a passion for serving others, place high value in being part of a strong team, and want to be part of a dynamic, inspirational organization.
• You are highly organized, self-motivated, and are excited to assess and rebuild operations and processes.
A Day in the Life:
The Program Coordinator is a member of the Resident Support Team, supporting core functions of the team by completing administrative tasks, creating and implementing efficient workflow systems, and coordinating department wide operations. We are seeking an efficient collaborative team member to play a key role on the Resident Support Team, by:
• Providing administrative support for Moishe House community builders and the Resident Support Team (60%) by:
• Reviewing and approving program reimbursements and submitting accurate data to ensure community events are financially supported
• Building and maintaining current and historical departmental information through Salesforce and other CRMs
• Coordinating department wide operations (20%) by:
• Managing goal setting and tracking systems that ensure organizational impact
• Supporting volunteers through monthly communications, supply procurement, and volunteer recognition
• Participating and organizing special projects as assigned (20%) such as:
• Helping plan and attending community builder training conference
• Supporting the Resident Support and Development Operations team through the annual grassroots fundraising campaign and assisting in future planning
Why You? ~ Because You Bring:
• A Bachelor’s degree; additional 4 years of full-time relevant experience may be substituted for the degree.
• Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to be organized, proactive, deliver results, and work independently and as part of a team.
• Enthusiasm for strategizing and collaborating with the team in multiple locations.
• Demonstrated ability to take risks and learn from situations when things don’t turn out as planned.
• Demonstrated strong work ethic
•Ability to multitask and monitor several projects at all times, and to manage time effectively.
• Effective demonstration of the Moishe Mindset: Be the Difference, Connect & Listen, Invest Wisely, Embrace the Unknown, Own It!, Value • People, and Work Well, Live Well, and Have Fun!
• Direct Moishe House experience (as staff, resident, host and/or community member) preferred.
The Fine Print
This is a full-time position, working primarily Monday through Friday during business hours in a coworking space. Occasional weekends may also be required. This position is located in Encinitas, CA or Chicago, IL, and reports to the Director of House Programs. Starting salary for this position is between $36,000 and $40,000, assuming you meet the minimum requirements.
Thinking of Joining the Moishe House Team?
Competitive compensation based on your match to the position requirements,
Generous benefits package, including 100% of employee health/dental/vision, 401k match up to 3%, Flexible Spending Account, Paid-Time-Off, Holidays, and early closure on Fridays
Great professional and Jewish development, mentoring, and skill-building opportunities,
Occasional travel for Moishe House staff and learning retreats,
Fun work environment with engaged co-workers,
And, last but not least, the support of the amazing global Moishe House community!
Applying for a job with Moishe House?
Wondering what to expect? Here is a preview of possible steps throughout our recruiting process.
All applicants will receive a confirmation email within one business day of receiving your application
Video interview using an online app
Video interview with the hiring manager or other leaders
Three professional references (including at least one supervisor)
If you are the selected candidate, we will call you to make an offer and provide the offer in writing. All offers are contingent on successfully completing a background check. If you are not the selected candidate, we will write or call you to let you know.
Above all, we appreciate your enthusiasm for Moishe House and promise to be mindful and respectful throughout this process—we’ll be in touch!