HIR seeks a vibrant, creative, thoughtful leader to be an active and engaging role model for our youth.
The successful candidate will have:
- a background in Jewish communal youth leadership
- a successful history of employment in the field
- strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- the inclusive and empathic values of our community
- a love of Torah, tefillah, Medinat Yisrael and chesed
The position entails:
- Supervising Shabbat and Yom Tov morning groups for youth of all ages
- Designing, scheduling, and staffing engaging, educational and forward-thinking youth
- Recruiting, training and supervising Youth Department staff, include teen groups leaders
-Updating and enforcing policies regarding children’s safety and health, as well as inclusion of
children with special needs
- Managing Youth Department business (payroll, employee background checks, Youth
Committee meetings, department invoices and purchase orders, etc.)
- Attending weekly staff meetings and maintaining a regular presence in the building
The youth director will be supervised and supported jointly by the Senior Rabbi, Executive Director and
an active Youth Committee and will work collaboratively with the Program Associate.
Salary commensurate with experience.