The Greater Miami Jewish Federation seeks a driven, dynamic and motivated professional to focus on the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of new major donors ($10,000+). This professional will focus particularly on reaching out to and integrating an emerging population of recent arrivals to Miami who have the potential to propel our organization forward in conjunction with Federation’s Strategic Plan.
The Senior Major Gifts Officer is an integral member of the Financial Resource Development team. The successful candidate will have a track record of using a variety of approaches to move individuals towards deeper philanthropic investment through Annual, Supplemental, and Planned Gifts.
• Create and manage a pipeline of major donors. Produce individual donor plans, develop and implement long-term strategies for philanthropic investment, considering the interests and preferences of each donor.
• Develop and oversee a small cadre of volunteers whose purpose is to help identify, cultivate and solicit other prospective donors. Work with same cadre of volunteers to develop a series of boutique, highly curated programs that appeal to major donor prospects.
• Emphasis will be on identification and qualification of new major and planned gift prospects by developing and executing long-range and short-range strategies and plans to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward prospects, producing a continuous stream of donors capable of making gifts of $10,000 or more to The Federation.
• Convey the mission of The Federation to prospective donors, current donors and other stakeholders.
• Track record in building effective relationships leading to charitable support and major gifts.
• Ability to work effectively as a leader and as part of a team
• Ability to function with a high degree of independence with donor pool, yet interact collaboratively with colleagues participating in and contributing to total team effort.
• Working knowledge of philanthropic vehicles in order to facilitate sophisticated philanthropic conversations
• Knowledge of fundraising systems and experience in prospect identification.
• Ability to solicit and cultivate major and corporate gifts at the $10,000+ level and above as well as a proven track record of closing major/principal gifts.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication
• Self-starter with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Capacity to manage and organize information confidentially
• Proficient in Windows environment, including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Flexibility to work evenings and weekends when necessary
• National and International travel may be required
• Minimum of five years of progressively responsible development experience with emphasis on cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding increased giving at the major gift level.
• Working knowledge of the Jewish community and Jewish Federation system a plus.
• Bachelor degree required; advanced degree preferred.
The Greater Miami Jewish Federation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.