About the Israeli-American Council:
The mission of the Israeli-American Council (IAC) is to build an active and giving Israeli-American Community throughout the United States in order to strengthen the State of Israel, our next generation, and to provide a bridge to the Jewish American community.
Under the direction of the Director of Finance, this position is responsible for performing a variety of bookkeeping and accounting duties including recording financial transactions, managing credit cards and payables, general ledger and reconciling bank statements. This position will oversee the bookkeeping team and its daily duties
Duties include and are not limited to:
• Manage the bookkeeping team; train and supervise them to ensure effective operations.
• Serve as the accounting team’s lead accountant, supporting the team members in their daily duties.
• Maintain subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
• Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
• Prepare all the material needed for the CPA’s annual audit work.
• Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
• Maintain records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions.
• Reconcile bank account and record money within programs.
• Record cash receipts and deposits.
• Issue invoices and process receipts and payments.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related area
• At least 3 years’ experience as a bookkeeper and or staff accountant
• Attention to Detail
• Time management skills
• Team player.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to provide excellent customer service.
• Knowledge and practical experience with a CRM software – an advantage
• Knowledge and practical experience with a cloud-based accounting software – an advantage
• Experience working for a non-profit organization – an advantage
• Hebrew Proficiency is a plus