Reyim is a traditional, egalitarian, inclusive and spiritual community of about 240 membership households across four generations. We are home to Kesher Newton, an independent, nationally recognized Jewish after-school program for children grades K-8, as well as many community organizations with whom we share our space, including Zamir Chorale of Boston.
We are at an exciting moment in the life of our community, with a growing cohort of young families with children. We are looking for an energetic, creative and dedicated leader of youth programs to help our community grow into its next stage of development.
• You have both leadership qualities and practical experience
• You love working in the Jewish community and are excited to develop and lead creative youth programs
• You are warm, down-to-earth and caring and enjoy working with children of various ages
• You consider yourself a builder and partner and are excited to help our community grow
• You have organizational, communication and social media skills that will help energize and grow the engagement of our children and families
• You are open to a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends
• You have a Bachelors’ degree and experience as a leader in Jewish community
About the Director of Youth Programs position:
• The Director will be responsible for implementing our vision for youth programming for children grades K-12.
• The Director will work closely with our Youth Committee and Rabbi to develop programs focused on community service, Jewish identity and spirituality, friendship, and leadership skills
• The position will initially focus on programming for children in fourth through eighth grade, including partnering with our Rabbi in developing and leading our B'nei Mitzvah program, and will include some programming on Shabbat and holidays
• The Director will be responsible for renewing our teen programming including building community partnerships to help teens connect to the broader Jewish community
• The Director will get to know children and families very well, and be active in outreach within the Reyim community to grow participation and sow seeds of excitement
This is a part-time staff position. Expected hours are 20 hours/week. Salary will be commensurate with experience.