The Adat Ari El Labowe Family Day School is seeking a talented and passionate leader to serve as our Head of School beginning July 1, 2020.
The Labowe Family Day School serves students from Transitional Kindergarten - 6th Grade, cultivating each child’s intellectual, social and emotional development while promoting academic achievement and a deep connection to Jewish wisdom and tradition. Through progressive teaching, our highly trained faculty address the individual needs of each child by utilizing a specially developed, integrated curriculum. The Labowe Family Day School maintains separate general and Hebrew/Judaic studies programs, and it also features specialist classes in STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, and math), physical education, dance and music. The Labowe Family Day School is located on the campus of Adat Ari El, the oldest Conservative synagogue in the San Fernando Valley with a current membership in excess of 750 families. The synagogue supports its three schools in a myriad of ways, including sharing an expansive 5-acre campus and a variety of physical and human resources.
ABOUT THE HEAD OF SCHOOL:
The Head of School has three daily focal points to nurture: curriculum, operations, and community.
- Having oversight over the curriculum, the Head of School is a skilled educator or educational administrator who will have a facility with current pedagogy and promote thoughtful innovation, continuous improvement, and best practices in all aspects of the educational program, including Judaic Studies, Hebrew, general studies, STEM, arts, athletics, and values-based programming.
- The Head of School has current pedagogical knowledge of the principles of Design Thinking and experience implementing it in the classroom or in a leadership role.
- The Head of School embraces Jewish education and is passionate about driving a meaningful and engaging Judaic Studies program in the context of a pluralistic Jewish environment within a Conservative setting.
- The Head of School is a leader who appreciates a multi-cultural community and has experience bridging, celebrating, and supporting cultural differences. Knowledge of Hebrew is a plus, but not required.
- The Labowe Family Day School is a subdivision of Adat Ari El synagogue. The school and synagogue facilities are physically and integrally connected through governance, fiscal oversight, programming, and a shared mission. The Head of School has opportunities to forge strong relationships with synagogue leaders, its board and professional staff, while also advocating for the needs of the school.
- The Head of School provides strong financial stewardship and fundraising experience to the organization. They are enthusiastic about building relationships with individuals who possess the capacity to invest in the school in order to continue growing the day school’s endowment.
- The Head of School works with senior administrators and the Day School Advisory Committee to balance the school’s strategic needs for
maintaining a strong program with other demands on the budget.
- The Head of School is a leader who empowers and motivates our esteemed faculty and promotes teamwork and accountability among their team.
- The Head of School directs the staff on matters of logistics, scheduling, and coordinate professional development opportunities.
- The Head of School is an experienced professional who has demonstrated the ability to build a high-functioning, collaborative leadership team
through skilled hiring, effective mentoring and strong leadership.
- The Head of School has the skills and experience to help develop and execute a strategic plan built on the pillars of educational excellence, community, and financial acuity.
- Adat Ari El embraces its mission to develop graduates who are changemakers and are committed to Tikkun Olam. Our Head of School is committed to continuing this legacy and actively promoting the day school’s contribution to achieving social justice.
- The Head of School possesses strong diplomatic and communication skills with the ability to connect with people of diverse backgrounds, listen thoughtfully, and present in small and larger groups with intelligence and ease.
Click here to visit our website and view our Opportunity Statement: http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx