Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. We bring together the resources, volunteers, leadership, and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and ensure a vibrant Jewish future. Together, we're helping struggling families find financial stability, making Jewish learning relevant and inclusive, connecting the next generation to Jewish life, and so much more. Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners and leaders who help make Greater Boston’s Jewish community a welcoming home. It’s this energy and commitment that drive CJP’s mission. We are one of Boston's oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations and we are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant for the Communal Security team.
The Administrative Assistant will perform dedicated administrative duties, database management, and special projects support for the Communal Security Initiative (CSI). In this support role, they will work closely with the Associate for Communal Security and Operations as well as the Deputy Director, Communal Security, to coordinate the delivery of an expanded range of safety and security support services.
• Work with the Associate for Communal Security and Operations and the Deputy Director, Communal Security, to ensure that all security assessments are carried out, received, and processed in a timely manner
• Track completion of institutional requirements for CJP physical security grants, including receipt of all necessary materials, such as blueprints, liability waivers and other relevant documents
• Work with the Associate for Communal Security and Operations to ensure that CJP physical security infrastructure grants are disbursed in a timely manner and that all institutions have completed the necessary requirements before receiving funds.
• Update CJP databases and complete contact reports for CJP CSI staff
• Schedule/prepare/follow up regarding meetings between CJP CSI staff and community organizations
• Assist with logistics and staffing of large-scale training programs
• Support other CJP CSI staff with projects and programs as required
• Provide occasional coverage of the CJP main switchboard in operator’s absence.
• Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
• Associates degree or equivalent experience
• Previous experience working in an administrative and/or operations role is a plus. Experience working with databases and tracking complex direct service programs desired.
• Strong organizational and administrative skills as well as attention to detail
• Ability to maintain confidentiality when working with sensitive or confidential information
• Ability to work on complicated, multi-phase projects, manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues
• Proficient in Windows environment, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet
• Demonstrated self-motivation, ability to work effectively as part of a team, sense of humor; ability to work flexibly in a dynamic environment
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes and shifting priorities
CJP offers that rare opportunity to tap your skills, talents, and experience to benefit a greater good while you grow professionally. You will work in a dynamic environment, with a diverse group of individuals who share your commitment and enthusiasm. Together, you will make a difference for Jews and non-Jews in Greater Boston and worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a collegial, family-friendly work and team environment.
For more information about CJP, go to www.cjp.org.
Please use this link to apply: http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx_ID=2839206
CJP conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
CJP is an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities, women, veterans, people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.