JOB TITLE: Events Manager
REPORTS TO: Senior VP of Marketing & Leadership Development
JOB TYPE: Full-time (would consider part-time)
PRINCIPAL FUNCTION: Events are a key touch point and a significant part of experiencing the Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta brand. The Events Manager will work with a passionate team of Federation professionals to plan and execute flawless and inspiring events. If you are proactive, creative and passionate, with experience in event planning, we want to hear from you!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Actively manage a portfolio of 6-8 large events and up to 25 smaller events, with approximately 15 events in the works at any time
• Participate in key creative briefings as needed, as well as individual input meetings with internal
clients to help them strategize on their event needs
• Review event marketing materials for information accuracy
• Negotiate contracts with speakers and vendors, including but not limited to caterers, venues, and AV providers
• Create and manage event budgets and billing
• Assist Philanthropy Team in securing in-kind donations for events
• Create event timelines and staffing plans for events
• Manage all logistics for production of events
• Be onsite at all large events from start to finish for day of logistics
• Attend and participate in weekly status meetings with the philanthropy department and bi-weekly marketing team meetings
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for an employee in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.
• 2+ years event management experience as the lead event person
• Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to cultivate, build, and maintain strong working relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
• Driven, self-starter, resourceful and able to work with minimal direction
• Team player with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn and grow
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Extensive standing and walking with prolonged periods of sitting at desk or in meetings. Lifting and transporting event materials is a function of this job.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Position requires ability to organize, prioritize, manage and complete multiple, often-competing projects; delegate responsibilities; and oversee the completion of multiple and varied projects and programs on differing timelines. This job requires ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
BENEFITS: 403(b) Thrift Plan with employer match, paid time off and holidays.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience.