The Lend A Hand Project is a 501(c)(3) charitable nonprofit organization dedicated to enhancing the lives of the needy on Long Island based upon the highest tenets of charitable giving. Through the anonymous pairing of volunteer supporters with neighbors in need, we extend a helping hand to provide not only material assistance, but also ongoing relationships and friendship with dignity.
The Lend A Hand Project is a small nonprofit offering an opportunity for a successful and passionate individual with strong community building, fundraising and strategic management skills to lead a growing organization. The Executive Director will oversee and direct all operations of LAHP, including governance, business management, hiring and supervision of personnel, fundraising, programming and community relations. The Executive Director will be the recognized professional leader and spokesperson for LAHP.
• Managing the daily business aspects of The Lend A Hand Project
• Developing fundraising opportunities and supervising fundraising activities
• Supervising LAHP staff, outside contractors and volunteers
• Maintaining proper governance in compliance with all applicable laws
• Working closely with Board of Directors leadership to develop strategic initiatives
• Working with the Audit and Finance Committee to develop the annual budget
• Managing resources within the budget guidelines
• Communicating with the Board of Directors on a regular basis
• Attending and participating in Board and committee meetings as appropriate
Knowledge and skills requirements include:
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word and Excel). Experience with Filemaker is helpful.
• Strong leadership and management skills
• Solid administrative skills
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree
• Previous experience with a nonprofit organization
• Proven track records in fundraising and grant writing are assets
This is a part time position. Compensation commensurate with skills and experience.