North Shore Synagogue (Syosset, NY) is seeking an Office Assistant. A successful candidate is very organized, brings a warm and caring spirit to the building, is able to use judgment in prioritizing demands, must keep all office matters confidential, and is expected to maintain a high level of decorum. This persons primary responsibility will be to provide support to the Nursery School director with the daily functions of the preschool. This person will also help support the synagogues day to day operations and work closely with the Executive Director and Lay Leadership.
Duties include but are not limited to:
•Answer phone calls
•Act as a greeter when parents are in the building
• General email correspondence
• Maintain filing systems
• Prepare monthly/weekly mailings
• Promote all upcoming events and programs
• Assist in various clerical tasks.
• Assist with in-office projects and Synagogue wide programs
• Maintain email lists; send emails on a regular basis about upcoming events, school closures, family programs, etc.
• Create, maintain and update rosters in synagogue database
• Keep updated lists
• Make photocopies and prepare supplies for teachers each week
• Keep track of RSVPs for school and/or synagogue programs.
• Help to coordinate programs, trips, special events
• Occasional substitute coverage in classrooms as needed
M-F Flexible Hours
• Ability to prioritize
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to exhibit a high level of decorum and confidentiality
• Must possess strong organizational skills
• Willingness to take on new responsibilities
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills
• Must be able to take initiative, problem solve, and be proactive
• Experience working in an office setting
• Previous work in a school setting a plus
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Publisher, Google Suite, and Outlook
• Knowledge of Chaverware, iContact preferred but not required
• Temple experience a plus
• Must have OCFS clearances and required trainings (Five Hour Foundations in Health and Safety.)
• CPR and First Aid certification or willingness to acquire